AHL

J

jgdeadrabbit

Any AHL fans here?Been a Hershey Bears fan since the mid 60s.Have seen a lot of future NHL greats come thru.

This might be the Bears year to win the Calder Cup.Goalie Frederick Cassivi is hot and the team looks real hungry,playing a very disciplined game with Graham Mink looking to play in Washington next year.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I watch a couple of AHL games, I love Hamilton Bulldogs, they hadnt any good years since Claude Julien left, but they do have good talent. Also the AHL is a very good league, because during the strike it helped a lot of players to develop like Ryan Miller of the Buffalo Sabers and many others.

J

jgdeadrabbit

Top developmental league.I saw Hamilton in Hershey once this year and by chance sat next to referee St. Laurents girlfriend.

Just happened to ask if she was a players girlfriend because she seemed to be interested in a non fans way.I should have been an azzhole and made some lewd suggestions as she was a very pretty girl but I'm sadly too much of a gentlemen. ;)

F

Forbidden

I was going to make a topic of this but since it's already made I will bump it.

I love the AHL because that's where all the up and coming players usually start, and that's where some of the tough guys play, and fight a lot. My team is the Wilkes-Barre Baby Pens, who finished with I think the best record in the AHL, or maybe second. There are a lot of cool AHL players though like Dennis Bonvie, Reed Low, etc