• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV Agents of SHIELD

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Anyone watch the first episode?

I thought it was fairly entertaining. It started off a bit slow, which is not entirely surprising but the end was pretty awesome. From the looks of it early on, they'll be using entirely non-comics characters in the show. Which is fine at first I guess, but I really hope that changes as the season progresses.

First impression?

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Idea of the show is to be stand alone from Thor, Hulk, Ironman ... and use off-the-books super heroes. They might hint at some, but I don't think they plan on bringing in any big name guys.

Iris

rainbow 11!
Okay, I love Joss Whedon. I love Buffy, Firefly, Serenity, Doll House, Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog, Cabin in the Woods, Titan AE, Atlantis, The Avengers. I love his work.

But I was very disappointed by the first episode. I expected more. I'm going to continue watching it, I'm hoping it was just a crappy first episode.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree, the second episode had a bit more excitement. Grant Ward is pretty bad ass. Skye is pretty damn hot.

I'm curious what's going to happen with Skye in the next episode. She replied "I'm in" to her text message at the end. I have a hard time believing she's going to turn her back on the S.H.I.E.L.D after they backed her up about blowing a hole through the plane.

Coulson annoys me some times.

willge87

Registered Member
I believe we are through 4 or 5 episodes now. I think this is an idea that was good in theory, but has a bit of trouble translating to TV. The show is enjoyable enough that I won't stop watching, but it isn't anything too, too special. I'm not a fan of those two British scientists.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I was talking to a friend yesterday about this show, we both agree that the wrong network picked it up. ABC ruins a lot of great shows. I have a feeling that agents of shield isn't going to make it past this season, I'll be shocked if they do.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
HIJKay said:
I was talking to a friend yesterday about this show, we both agree that the wrong network picked it up. ABC ruins a lot of great shows. I have a feeling that agents of shield isn't going to make it past this season, I'll be shocked if they do.
Wow!! That bad eh? Me and my friends agreed it wasn't going to work but I never thought it would fail so quickly. There's a lot of superhero fanboys/fangirls out there, and heroes worked for awhile. Can't really comment on it as I only watched five minutes of it.

Iris

rainbow 11!
well, i think it's just the network. I truly believe that if FOX picked it up, it would be a huge success.

Though, knowing FOX, they'd cancel it anyway.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
I call Marvel Agents of Shield a poor man's Heroes. Same with The Tomorrow People.

Nothing will ever compare to Heroes first season. Nothing!