Agent: Colts agree to release Harrison

Discussion in 'NFL' started by BigBob, Feb 23, 2009.

1. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

I sure hope he isn't expecting more money anywhere else because he's on his last leg in the NFL.

2. Matriqulated

Matriqulated Future is Fused 3036A.D.

Precisely why I wouldn't mind him coming to Philly for that hometown discount. The Eagles will probably shy away because of his age, injuries, and last years 'incident'. That doesn't change that fact that Harrison on one leg is better than Reggie Brown on his best day. I'd welcome 88 in Kelly Green.

3. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Sad because Harrison is the "other" face of the Colts and the team looks half complete to me. But on the lighter side of things it would give the Ravens or 49ers the space to get him as a good receiver.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I dont understand how he's not willing to take a pay cut, he's definitely not as good as he used to, the Colts are a goof team and are always in contention to win the Super Bowl. I just dont understand.

5. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Seeing Marvin Harrison in any uniform that isn't the Colts is going to look so weird. Reminds me of seeing Isaac Bruce in a 49'ers jersey...it just ain't right.

6. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Another thing, am I the only one who's a little wary of why all the veteran players for their teams are getting cut? Chris McAlister, Deuce McAlister, Taylor, Harrison, Brown? Something in the air just doesn't feel right to me.

7. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

There's so many Browns and Taylors bro, you gotta be more specific with that.

..and I know how you feel KD. Imagine losing your entire team in 5 minutes (it felt). Culpepper, Moss, Bennett. Seeing them not with the Vikings a few years ago was hard. It was weird seeing Lewis and McGahee running for two different teams too when they got traded.

8. Unstoppable

Unstoppable Registered Member

I could be totally wrong here but it seems like there may be more to this than money, Harrison wasn't being targeted nearly as much as usual this past season, Manning kept looking to Wayne and Clark and i wonder if there was some sort of tension between Manning and Harrison which led to him not being targeted as a receiver and eventually being cut, this could be way out there but there may be some truth in it, or then again it could simply be a money move, at any rate Harrison is looking at his final few years and won't be nearly as productive as he was in his prime, but he can still be successful and could be a bonus to a team thats on the bubble and looking for a veteran player for guidance, he has a lot of football wisdom and is essentially a golden boy (minus the shooting incident) he is a low risk player for any team assuming that they can get him without breaking the bank which seems to be part of his issue right now, he wants more than he's going to get, unless of course he really doesn't care to have that much and the money was just an excuse to leave the team and distance himself from his problems with manning :D

9. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

You could be right Unstoppable, but he has to realised that he's not the number one target on that team anymore, Reggie Wayne is. He's getting up there in age, he doesnt have the same mobility as he once had. I don't think a team will give him a big contract.

Also it's official, the Colts released Marvin Harrison.

10. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

You know who he could really help? The Chiefs! Haha I always say that. I'm actually pretty series though. Dwayne Bowe could seriously benefit from harrison's guidance. They are similar styles of WR's and having another big target on the field would help Bowe get away from Double teams, especially with TG wanting out.