Age of the Universe/Earth (and related topics): Resource Thread

I got this idea about 5 minutes ago when posting in a different thread. Rather than a traditional, hardcore debate, I was hoping this thread could be used as a database for resources concerning the Age of the Universe/Earth.

Last edited:

Daemonic

Registered Member
Is this only for discussion of religious views on the age of the earth and universe? I'm just a little confused since it is in the religion section. If it's a resource and not a serious debate wouldn't it be better in different section such as general discussion or other news/discussion? It just seems to me that posting it in the science or religion section is setting it up for debate about which views are right.

Last edited:
13.7 billion years old. But since this thread is in Religion I'm not sure that answer is going to cut it. :shifteyes:

What kind of resources are you looking for, exactly? 13.7 bil is the most widely accepted estimate I think.

edit:Oh, and I agree with Sonn. Philosophy might be nice neutral territory for this thread if it's not a debate you're after.

Last edited:
Is this only for discussion of religious views on the age of the earth and universe? I'm just a little confused since it is in the religion section. If it's a resource and not a serious debate wouldn't it be better in different section such as general discussion or other news/discussion? It just seems to me that posting it in the science or religion section is setting it up for debate about which views are right.
- It is in the religion section because it is intended to be a resource for the debate between young-earth creationists and old-earth creationists/evolutionists. Usually this debate is only found among those who believe the Bible is the Word of God.
------
13.7 billion years old. But since this thread is in Religion I'm not sure that answer is going to cut it. :shifteyes:

What kind of resources are you looking for, exactly? 13.7 bil is the most widely accepted estimate I think.
- Yes, I know. This thread is a place to dump evidence, resources, articles, discoveries, etc. etc. I'm sure you are familiar with the old-earth vs. young-earth debate. This thread is intended to be a database of resources and evidence for either side.
------
The Institute for Creation Research

Resources for Scientists
Evidence from Science

also, Answers in Genesis - Creation, Evolution, Christian Apologetics

Last edited:

Wade8813

Registered Member
It might be a better idea to expand the scope of this thread, to include similar, related topics. I have a feeling that since most people haven't studied this a whole lot, we won't get much on here - expanding the topics allows for more posting, and prevents the need of other threads.

(although obviously a lot of the same websites will cover the other topics too, since they're related).

Also, it would be good to have at least a short blurb about why you like that resource.

It might be a better idea to expand the scope of this thread, to include similar, related topics. I have a feeling that since most people haven't studied this a whole lot, we won't get much on here - expanding the topics allows for more posting, and prevents the need of other threads.

(although obviously a lot of the same websites will cover the other topics too, since they're related).

Also, it would be good to have at least a short blurb about why you like that resource.
- lol yea that's fine, w/e. I'm not gonna dictate the rules lol.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
MiT, did you honestly just like to Eric Hovind's site? Really? I mean, these people honestly believe that fossils were created by thousands of organisms coincidentally forming intricate shapes that resemble bones and creatures after the "great flood" and "rapidly fossilizing". I guess to each his own . . . but sheesh if you want to talk about theories that are really hard to swallow, I think the Hovinds do a pretty good job of that. I mean, that and his father Kent is currently in prison for a bevy of tax crimes. Nothing like an honest, responsible man, right?