Age Gaps

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Impact, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

So this is a two part question. First part is for pure interest, but the second part is so I can get a different perspective than just what my friends think.

Part One: How many years are there between you and your siblings (if you have any). Are you really spaced out, grouped together or was there an 'after thought'?

Part Two: Is there a big age gap between you and your friends? By this I mean actual good friends, not just aquaintances (sp?). Do you find it weird if people are friends with people alot older than themselves?

Brother - 26
    Brother - 23
    Brother - 21
    Me - 19
    Sister - 17
    Brother - 10

I think my youngest brother was an 'after thought' :lol:

As for friends, one of my best friends is 30. So an 11 year age gap. Another is 27. The rest are around my age.

Personally I don't think a big age difference is a big deal, but a few of my other friends have mentioned they think it's weird that I get along with people alot older than myself.

2. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

My Sister and I: - 4 Years
    My Brother and I: - 9 Years
    My best friend (Cousin by marriage): + 8-9 years

My siblings are younger than I am, but my parents kept a pattern... Pretty much as soon as one of us hit Kindergarten they had another kid. When it came to friends, I always got along better with older people. of course in school I had friends my own age, but more often then not at organization meetings and what not I always ended up blending best in with people that were about 5+ years older than me. Really the only person my age that I look forward to spending time with on a day to day basis is my Girlfriend. We're the same age, have been for the last 5 years and dont plan on changing any time soon :eyebrow: Most all of my friends that I talk to on a semi-normal basis are all older than I am. And I talk to pretty much none of the people I went to high school with.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  3. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

1.5 years between my older brothers
    1.5 years between my brother and me
    4 years between me and my sister
    6 years between my sister and younger sister

I know for sure that my youngest sister wasn't planned, not sure about the other one.

There's a 6 year gap between my husband and me. But I don't think that any other friends of mine are that much older/younger than me.

4. ancredelamour

ancredelamour Registered Member

sister 27
    sister 22
    sister 21
    me 20
    sister 19

its a really complicated but simple thing. hahaha. we are all half sisters!

and my friend group ranges from 18-60! like really!

5. Nibbles

Nibbles meep

Between my sister and I 13 years older than me. Now she has literally done it all and have different interests than me. I prefere my lady friends to be my age but men who are more mature.

6. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Part One: How many years are there between you and your siblings (if you have any). Are you really spaced out, grouped together or was there an 'after thought'?
    I'm 23 and my older sister is 29. We both have different fathers but when my dad married our mum he adopted my sister as his own daughter. Her biological dad is an alcoholic and my mum left him a long time ago.
    I also have a half brother and sister from my dad's previous marriage and I've never met them. Not sure how old they are but they'll be over 30.

Part Two: Is there a big age gap between you and your friends? By this I mean actual good friends, not just aquaintances (sp?). Do you find it weird if people are friends with people alot older than themselves?
    There's only 2-3 years between me and my friends. It's not from personal choice, it's just the way it worked out.
    I don't think it's weird if there is a big age gap between friends - so long as you share some interests then I don't see what the problem is.

7. EndWinterRomance

EndWinterRomance PREGGERS

real sister -25
    step sister - 24
    me - 21
    half brother - 8

all of my friends are older then me, ranging from 22 to 28

8. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

My sister is 8 years older than me and my brother is about 10-12.

lol

I tend to get along with people older than me, so most of my friends (especially on here) are older.

I do have friends my age in school, but we are not that close.

9. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

My brother - 1 year age gap.

My friends - Well, I've know my friends all my life so we're all the same age (a few of us are even within weeks of eachother) but I'm only really friends with them still out of habit. I know that sounds bad but its a long story lol. I get on much better with people older than me. Everyone that I seem to 'click' with is 24+ all the way through to 40ish. (I'm 18).

10. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

I am the youngest, I have two sisters, 3 years and 6 years older than I.

My friends are a mixture between old school friends the same age as me, current uni friends who are around 20ish and a few friends who I know through my sisters so are 5-6 years older. BTW Im 28