Age gap relationships ?

Feebs

Registered Member
So what do you think is acceptable and how many years difference would you go ...and do you find it more acceptable for a man to be older than the woman or the woman to be older than the man ?

DinoFlintstone

"There can be only one!"
I also think that 'in love' age should not be an obstacle, a 10 year gap between a 16 and 26 year old can be a bit of an eyebrow raiser, and even a 17 - 27 year old.

My Dad was 12 years older than my Mum which I [think] I thought was unusual, but looking into it, I see years ago [in their time] it seemed like quite a common age-gap.
There was in interesting article not that long ago on the BBC:

BBC NEWS | Health | 'Younger wife' for marital bliss

Feebs

Registered Member
but do you see it as different for the man to be alot younger..does it feel different as i know people who really frown on it x

Sim

Registered Member
I once heard about a formula to calculate the acceptable age difference, adjusted for the problem that the older you are, the wider the age difference may be:

You take the age of the older partner, divide it through 2, then add 7 -- then you got the acceptable minimum age for his or her partner. (It's for couples of 14 years upwards.)

So for example, when a guy is 30, you calculate 30 : 2 = 15; 15 + 7 = 22 ... so 22 years is the minimum age for his partner.

Whatever you may think about this rule, it pretty much matches my gut feeling.

Last edited:

Feebs

Registered Member
so with that calculation i should stick with guys of around 24 - 25...well sounds ok x

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I don't see any problems as long as both people are legal and consenting. Go ahead and have a 40 year age gap, as long as it's real.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
[generally] i think there should be at least a 4 years difference between boy/girl.
i'm attracted to older guys.
but if 2 people really love each other, age is not a first-hand problem.

FindMuck

Registered Member
dunno. I've only dated people within a two year gap. I don't know why people obsess over this question all the time...if you aren't sure about it, why do you think asking a bunch of random people who also don't have the answer will help? Listen to your heart, or your brain...but listen to yourself, only you know what's right for you.