• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Politics AG Eric Holder to resign

dDave

V.I.P.
All I have to say is good riddance.

Report: Attorney General Eric Holder to Announce His Resignation | TheBlaze.com

He may want to be remembered in a positive light but I do not believe he will be. He has helped foster an environment of corruption. He has basically refused to do his job on several occasions and that's led to some very memorable moments for me.

One thing I'll always remember is the DOJ investigating themselves.

I'm glad he's gone but I'm kind of anxious to see who the next AG is.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'll withhold my judgement on how great this is when I see the replacement.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Good riddance, worst damn Attorney General in our nations history. Completely inept and he failed to do is job amid these constant allegations of wrongdoings. Completely worthless.

dDave

V.I.P.
There's some speculation that this is about the release of the Fast and Furious documents.

Critics Are Claiming This Could Be the Real Reason Behind Attorney General Eric Holder

Wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that this was actually true but I don't think we're ever going to get a clean cut answer on that.

In all honesty though, this guy should have been removed from office. Unfortunately he's been surrounded by a pack of corrupt people in positions of power that have been protecting him for all this time.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I also have the fear this is because Ruth Bader Ginsburg is going to retire soon and Holder is going to be Obama's nominee. I can't imagine someone of his limited character and limited intelligence on the Supreme Court.

dDave

V.I.P.
I also have the fear this is because Ruth Bader Ginsburg is going to retire soon and Holder is going to be Obama's nominee. I can't imagine someone of his limited character and limited intelligence on the Supreme Court.
I really hope that she doesn't retire. It would be VERY beneficial for the rest of us if a Republican controlled senate had to approve a nomination. The Democrats will literally approve just about anyone that Obama wants, Holder on the court would just be... ew, no.

Obama has already nominated the two most liberal justices in the courts history, I would hate to see him make that three.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've also heard he's resigning because of fast and furious.

I doubt democrats would back him on becoming a supreme court judge. That is probably just a rumor to stir up republicans. Well lets hope it is.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
There's some speculation that this is about the release of the Fast and Furious documents.

Critics Are Claiming This Could Be the Real Reason Behind Attorney General Eric Holder

Wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that this was actually true but I don't think we're ever going to get a clean cut answer on that.

In all honesty though, this guy should have been removed from office. Unfortunately he's been surrounded by a pack of corrupt people in positions of power that have been protecting him for all this time.
Every time I've seen resignations like this they happen soon after an election. I guess there is less going on and it just looks better to do it then. To resign before an election is suspect. Maybe its not F&F, but that seems the most logical right now. Out of everything over the past 6 yrs F&F has bothered me the most. I still can't believe the stupidity of sending 1000s of guns to gang members and drug dealers.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
F&F is just a small part of what has bothered me. As the Attorney General he is the nations top law enforcement official, his job description does not entail political activism. If you want to be a political activist, no problem, please do so. But being on the governments payroll as the nations top cop and acting like Al Sharpton is disgusting. To be fair, I don't think Holder, or Obama for that matter, have attained the intellectual capacity to understand that difference.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag

We are a WEEK away from when the administration is REQUIRED to release the F&F documents. You think they will or will the Obama administration play dictator again? Wil anyone even care?

Last edited: