• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

After Texas stopped funding Planned Parenthood, low-income women had more babies

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
No they won't, now they will complain about people having kids and getting more welfare. I would prefer they gave them birth control. The pill is expensive and if you are barely getting by you aren't going to be able to afford it.

Personally I would rather the state paid for day care for low income women so they can work and give them birth control.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Well planned parenthood was established to "exterminate the negro race" so I understand why they would not be happy about more black children born.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Well planned parenthood was established to "exterminate the negro race" so I understand why they would not be happy about more black children born.
Did Margaret Sanger believe African-Americans
Sanger was indeed a believer in eugenics, but the basic concept that humanity could be improved by selective breeding was an article of faith for many in the years before World War II. Winston Churchill, Herbert Hoover, Theodore Roosevelt, George Bernard Shaw and H. G. Wells all supported the movement. African-American leader W. E. B. Du Bois backed many of its principles as well.

Although the eugenics movement included some who had racist ideas, wanting to create some sort of master race, "only a minority of eugenicists" ever believed this, according to Ruth Engs, professor emerita at the Indiana University School of Public Health and an expert in the movement.

At the time that Sanger was active, Engs wrote, "the purpose of eugenics was to improve the human race by having people be more healthy through exercise, recreation in parks, marriage to someone free from sexually transmitted diseases, well-baby clinics, immunizations, clean food and water, proper nutrition, non-smoking and drinking."

It’s a far cry to equate eugenics with advocating the elimination of black people.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I don't know. It sounds like revisionist history to me. She clearly said the negros are getting too populated so we've got to get them on-board with birth control and the best way to do that is to get white doctors and black preachers to join us because the negros respect them and we don't want word to get out that we are trying to exterminate the negro population.
That's not an exact quote, but its late and it's what was said.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't know. It sounds like revisionist history to me. She clearly said the negros are getting too populated so we've got to get them on-board with birth control and the best way to do that is to get white doctors and black preachers to join us because the negros respect them and we don't want word to get out that we are trying to exterminate the negro population.
That's not an exact quote, but its late and it's what was said.
You don't think it's possible that she wanted to help women and do work to support her racist views at the the same time?