After finished eating..

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
What do you do?

-get up from the table immediately?
-stay and relax or wait for the others to finish?

in my family, it depends. in our weekdays we get up from the table whenever we finish because we don't have time to wait for each other to finish (though i know it sound disrespectful).
in weekends, we stay at the table until everyone's done.
when i eat alone, i get up immediately.

TheMaster

Registered Member
If I was at a table & I had just finished my tea & I was not joined by any others, within minutes I would stand up from the table, whereas if I was joined by other people, usually I'd stay at the table for a bit & wait for them to finish there tea.

If I'm eating with anyone else then I'll always wait for them to finish before getting up. Sometimes it's not practical but my parents happened to think it's rude to leave beforehand, so that's how I've been programmed lol. I'm used to waiting around after finishing because I'm a pretty quick eater and my mum is slow.

If I'm alone then I suppose I get up straight away unless the TV is on or something.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Any time I eat with anyone I wait for them to finish before I get up to leave. Its kinda funny that you mention how "you don't have the time" during the week to sit a few extra minutes at the table with your family. I'm not singling you out but ironically enough that's the whole reason I stay at the table. Because over the years I've convinced myself that I don't have the time. But then the double take at the big picture is, do I really wanna look back and see that I skipped out on a few moments here and there with my family because of the perception that time is always stretched and at its limit?

If its just me at the table, I usually stay a while pending I'm not in a rush for something. But if I'm actually sitting at the table then that means I'm not so its all good.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Its kinda funny that you mention how "you don't have the time" during the week to sit a few extra minutes at the table with your family. .
i know what you mean, but i live with my family. we stay together from 4pm(when coming home) until 7am the next morning. we're around each the whole time so it's not a big loss if we don't spend some time at the table.
we're fed up of each other. :p

Eating with my family we get up, help clean and get the tea/coffee ready to continue chatting.

Being the model host I eat at their pace or wait for them to finish.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
you wash the dishes after eating? ugh..i'm tired and lazy to wash them. i want to relax. though we have the dish-washer but you have to put the dishes on it so i'm lazy about it as well, but i HAVE to do it. mom forces me . :lol: