• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

After 11 fun years... APRIL FOOLS!

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
APRIL FOOLS! It was a joke everyone! For those who missed it, click the spoiler below:

I'll get straight to the point. GF has been a big part of my life for the past 11 years. 11 years and 11 days, to be exact. Unfortunately, as many of you know, this place has been costing me a lot more than it makes for some time now. As you also know, I've been very busy with other projects in an effort to keep this place "alive", so to speak. It's been a hard decision but after some serious thought I've decided that I will be shutting GF down for good in early May. I have said from the beginning that I could never sell GF. It's my "baby" and I would hate to see somebody else run it into the ground. Unfortunately at the same time I also can't continue to keep it online myself.

I know this will come as a huge disappointment to many of you and I get that. I get that many of you have put money into VIP's for yourself and others. I get that. I'll certainly do what I can to make sure those people don't feel ripped off at the end of the day. Right now though I have to do what's best and I feel this is the best move. I'll keep everyone updated on this, but unfortunately this really is the end for GF.

I hope you can all understand where I'm coming from. Instead of thinking of this and getting upset over it, please take this final month and really make an effort to enjoy GF. Enjoy it for whatever it has meant for you over the years and really try to cherish the good memories. I've enjoyed getting to know all of you over the years and I hope to keep in touch with a lot of you after this as well. All good things must come to an end, but let's not let this be the end of the many great friendships that have come out of this website. If you really think about it, GF has accomplished a lot in it's time on the web. At least one marriage has come out of GF. Several people have met up in real life or become regular "phone buddies". Some real and legitimate friendships have been created. It means a lot to me that I was able to be a part of that process. Most of you wouldn't know some of your best friends if it weren't for this site and that means a lot to me. It's a humbling feeling being a part of something with such a "big picture" result.

In the end, we've had good times and bad, but we're all still here. That means we've not let the bad times outweigh the good. We've stuck around through thick and thin. We've pushed through when things looked rough. At the end of the day I'd love to keep GF going and I'd love to say I'll be back next week or a month from now to really get things going again. We all know that won't be the case though. I'd be lying if I truly thought I could return anytime soon and fix the problems here. In the end, I want everybody to just enjoy the time that GF has left. We'll do a great send off and then I'm sure a lot of us will keep in touch. In the end, 20 or 30 years from now or more I hope as many of you as possible will see GeneralForum.com as something that was a great part of your life. Something that brought you great lifelong friends. Something you can look back on and not think "it's over", but "it was an awesome ride".

Thank you everyone for being a part of this forum and my life. You all mean a lot to me.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow! You put a lot of effort in your Annual April Fool's message this year.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
Didn't you know? The April Fools joke this year is that it's not an April Fools joke at all. :shake:

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
I bought it for about the first paragraph.... then I remembered the day. Good one man.

shelgarr

Registered Member
Totally had me!! As I read it, my mind was churning about how we could keep it going. Thank God I read on. I hate April Fools day.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
It's great to see you care so much about this place to go to such lengths to make us all lol! I did lol. Also, neg coming your way, coz you deserve it! ;)