After 10 Years

SpunkVicious

Registered Member
So tonight I finally broke it off with my boyfriend of ten years. Our relationship for the last 3 years has been slowly deteriorating. And tonight I finally told him I've had enough I'm over the bullshit. Three years ago he lost his job and ever since has had his fat ass permanently glued to my couch. So here I am for three years trying to be the reasonable hard working unselfish girlfriend, trying to help him through whatever kind of funk he was in. Well after 2 month's on my couch and still no job, I finally told him look you have to get a fcukin job because I'm struggling to make ends meet here. anyways here we are 3 years later and nothing has changed except for the second job I had to pick up. I feel like such a douche bag for letting it go on for so long. When I came home from working a 16 hour shift and saw his fat lazy ass sitting on my couch watching the cable I pay for and eating the food I bought, that was it I went into bedroom packed all his shit up and started chucking it out the door. I've never seen a man move so fast in my life. I told him to get his lazy incompetent ass out of my house. And of course he's trying to defend himself, I wasn't having It, I pushed his big ol' ass out my door and slammed it in his pathetic face. I just finished packing up the rest of his shit, his mommy is coming to pick it up tomorrow.....Good Riddins.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Bit harsh but each to their own. Maybe he was depressed about losing his job and needed your support. Did you ever think about that instead of lashing out at him? You've probably dented his confidence even more.
I understand it'd be frustrating for you being the only one bringing money in but I think you could have handled it a bit better.

SpunkVicious

Registered Member
After 3 years I just had enough, and yes it was harsh, I had to be. I had no choice he was a 30 year old man laying around my house, not even trying to better himself. And it was not my job to pick up those pieces of his life, you can't help someone who doesn't want to helped.:disbelief:

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
A 30 year old man sitting on his ass for 3 years / doing nothing to help himself get out of this "funk" / help you / your mutual responsibilities, etc.? Yeah, I think you did the right thing. Sometimes you just have to draw the line and say enough is enough.

You never know, this may very well have been the kick in the ass he needed to get his shit together. ;)

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
Not every relationship is meant to be saved. I think a lot of people would be happier if they knew when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em, and I think 3 years is probably more than long enough for most people to realize it's time to fold 'em.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
you had to deal with it 3 years?
Seems like you waited too long to give this relationship an end.
You did whatever you could....and now you got the right decision.
If I were in your shoes, I would've ended it way earlier!!!

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
Sorry to hear about it, Spunk. Sometimes things happen for a reason; maybe this will lead to bigger and better things for you.

k3rm0r

Registered Member
Good thing u had the will to do it. I whould be damn embarased if i were him. 3 years?! that has to be the worst shit ever imo. I nearly fell over and died when i ended school and didnt work for a month. luckly i got a job after a month and a half. Hope the light shines on u faster than u think :) Good luck in your future :D

SpunkVicious

Registered Member
I really tried with him, but when you have someone sucking you dry emotionally and financially something had to give. I now feel like a boulder has been lifted off my shoulders. It feels a little strange to be single, but in a good way. I can finally move on with my life.

k3rm0r

Registered Member
I really tried with him, but when you have someone sucking you dry emotionally and financially something had to give. I now feel like a boulder has been lifted off my shoulders. It feels a little strange to be single, but in a good way. I can finally move on with my life.
Been there recently aswell so know the feeling. Only a 5 year relationship though but. Feels strange. Now i'm just living the life again. Meeting new ppl every week. it's awsome:D. Keep it up and focus on your life:nod: