After 0-6 start, Thrashers fire Hartley

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
Im not shocked about the decision. The Trashers have been trash to start the year and if they soon don't pick up some wins they will be on the outside looking in so to speak. They wanted to shake things up and I think they did just that today.

S

Slimpy

I'm not surprised but I think its the wrong move. Hartley is a great coach, they are giving on him to soon. I say their GM will be next.

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
Their GM is safe I think. He has a long history there and he's a big member around town and I doubt they will let him go anytime soon unless its under his own power.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am not surprise about this, it's not a good sign when your team is off to an 0-6 start. I expected the Thrashers to be a really good team this season, I know it's still early and there's lots of hockey to be played, but it seems that Hartley can get through his players anymore which is the biggest concern.

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
Yeah dating back to last year it didn't seem like the Trashers were even paying any attention to their coach and thats never good. A move was in order but I think letting go of a good coach like Hartley was not the move to do.

S

Slimpy

I think wandell should of been the one to go, hes the one that made moves at the deadline last year, like the world was coming to an end. They pretty much had a playoff spot at that time as well. Over the off-season they got todd white I think, thats pretty much it.

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
It's more then a few teams got. It's not the players you deal that sometimes makes the team. Lets add somethings up shall we , The Trashers this season have not gotten a whole lot from their top guys IE Hossa and thats a big reason why they started so badly. I don't think its the coaching and management fault its the players not playing as good as they can.

S

Slimpy

Hossa is on his way on, I am pretty sure. He is in the last year of his deal and there's no way that he will want to return.

Can't say that right now. He has said many times on the NHL Network during interviews that he likes the team and the city here so you never know what could happen and I mean the Trash gave a lot to get him so they might make an offer that can not be turned down.