• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Afghan Hospital Bombed,Doctors leaving.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The group blames a U.S. airstrike for the death and destruction. Afghan officials said helicopter gunships returned fire from Taliban fighters who were hiding in the facility.

Stegeman said there were no insurgents in the facility at the time of the bombing. AP video footage of the burned out compound in the east of Kunduz city shows automatic weapons, including rifles and at least one machine gun, on windowsills.
http://news.yahoo.com/doctors-without-borders-leaves-afghan-city-airstrike-070931286.html#

While I think its sad these people were killed what do you expect in the middle of a war zone when the enemy is using your facility to attack people.

They should have moved patients when the Taliban first moved in.

Of course the UN is already talking about war crimes. I wonder what they expect, your not going to win a war against a enemy that likes to put innocent people in the middle of it if you backed off every time because of civilians. Look what happened in Hungary. The migrants were throwing rocks so when police used water canons they immediately forced women and children to the front to be sure they were hurt.

http://www.rt.com/news/317542-kunduz-hospital-bombing-msf/

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Im opposed to targeting hospitals in bombings for any reason. If there were terrorists then they shoulda been engaged on the ground. That could have reduced the risks to patients and doctors.
They didnt bomb the cafe in Australia when a terrorist took hostages there and I seriously doubt that a US hospital would be bombed if terrorists were inside the building.

It was a bad call and I hope whoever did it learns from the mistake. The Afghan government should have sent a SWAT team not bombers.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
There is not a war going on in Australia or the US so of course they wouldn't bomb a hospital.

The US never bombs hospitals on purpose, this was a horrible mistake. Someone gave the pilot bad coordinates. Unfortunately bad things happen when there is a war going on. This can be blamed on the Taliban.

I don't know why people think we can have a war and no civilians will get killed. Civilians have always been killed during a war and always will be. Sure you try not to but it happens. Well unless you are ISIS or the Taliban you try not to.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
The Armed Services Committee, Senator John McCain, and General Campbell (The US Commander in Afghanistan) are all saying it was a bad call. And they are investigating it.
Senator McCain wanted to know why they bombed a hospital if there were US Air Controllers on the ground. General Campbell didnt explain that but he said the Afghanis didnt let them know it was a hospital they wanted targeted.

Doctors Without Borders wants a independent investigation but I dont think thats needed. The US Armed Services Committee is already learning how the mistake happened so it wont happen again. And they have been honest and transparent about the incident.
It also proves that our intelligence shouldnt be ONLY from the Afghans. They dont have the same respect for life that we have.

Btw, if they do decide its a war crime than its a crime the Afghanis committed. Not us. They targeted the hospital NOT us. But yeah we shoulda learned more about the target first.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/07/w...rs-without-borders-airstrike-kunduz.html?_r=0

Last edited:

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think what they are trying to do is let the Afghans stand on their own two feet and run the show. Which I don't think they can, too much corruption and too many tribes to deal with that only cares about their small area.

I think in the future we should make sure of what we are bombing and not rely on the information of others. That was the only hospital in that region. Wonder if we will rebuild it even though the city is pretty much destroyed.

Ultimately they should charge the Taliban with the war crime because if it wasn't for them invading Kunduz this wouldn't have happened.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I think what they are trying to do is let the Afghans stand on their own two feet and run the show. Which I don't think they can, too much corruption and too many tribes to deal with that only cares about their small area.

I think in the future we should make sure of what we are bombing and not rely on the information of others. That was the only hospital in that region. Wonder if we will rebuild it even though the city is pretty much destroyed.

Ultimately they should charge the Taliban with the war crime because if it wasn't for them invading Kunduz this wouldn't have happened.
QFT ^

I so totally agree. I didnt think we would ever bomb a hospital if we knew it was a hospital. But they didnt know. And now Im thinking if our troops werent there then the Afghanis probaly would have bombed the hospital anyway. They knew.
And the Taliban should be blamed because F them! All they do is kill innocent people and blow everthing up!