• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Affluenza dude escaped

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Remember the dude (Ethan Couch) that went for a joyride and killed 4 people. He was placed on 10 years probation. Well he was seen in a video violating his probation and now he is missing. They believe he may have left the country with his mom.
http://news.yahoo.com/tips-coming-texas-affluenza-teen-may-left-country-215654040.html

So the cure for Affluenza is to let the killer escape?
Thoughts?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The numbskull that thought it was a good idea not to send this guy to jail should have to go hunt him down. When they find Couch he should have to spend the rest of his time behind bars along with the mom for helping him leave the country.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
It's just so totally weird. He killed 4 people and zero remorse and now he left the US.:confused: Imo he should have been in prison and not on probation.
They said he got special treatment because he was rich so he could be rehabilitated. But they also said he had affluenza and didnt know right and wrong.
How can anybody be rehabilitated if they dont even know that?

The judge thought that money makes good people but that was obviously not true.
Good people know right and wrong.
And I so totally agree. Him and his mom should be in prison before he kills other people.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Ethan Couch and his mom have been found and arrested in Puerto Vallarta Mexico. They are turning them over to US Marshals.
http://news.yahoo.com/texas-affluenza-teen-detained-mexico-cnn-032035321.html

Well since he broke his probation and fled the country then he probaly will have to do serious time in prison now - like other people that arent rich.
Other advantaged people know the difference between right and wrong so I dont get why they didnt teach him. Imo his parents should also be charged with child neglect for not teaching him whats right and whats not.

Last edited:

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I hope he has to go to prison this time and not a cozy one where mama can pay for him a TV and all the extras.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Oh man, they're gonna have a field day with mama's boy in jail. And he'll deserve every painful moment of it. A darn good thing that this spoiled brat will get what's coming to him.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Maybe its better if he stays in Mexico.
"It's like a shelter where all the foreigners who will be deported are taken," the official said. "There's no special treatment."
http://news.yahoo.com/us-affluenza-teen-wins-mexico-deportation-delay-192340735.html

He cant buy special treatment in Mexico so maybe he will learn how less fortunate people live - like those 4 people he killed. And if he breaks the law there then he wont get any "affluenza" defense because Mexican judges wont buy into that.

Well he wanted a dangerous life and Mexico is a seriously dangerous country to live in.