Advice needed

currently i try to upgrade my Window XP Home Edition to Window XP Professional Service Pack 2 in the C: drive which is only 5 Gb while my other partition (D: drive) is of 15 Gb.

Since the size of my C: drive is not sufficient to support so-many softwares available nowadays, i decide to delete the D: drive partition so as to re-create the hard disk into 2 partitions, with 10 Gb each.

To my dismay, both partitions (C: and D: drive) cannot be deleted during the hard disk formatting. Hereby I would like to seek some advices from the members of this forum towards this matter.

Your advice is highly appreciated.
Thank you.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
before you delete windows try this program called partition magic, it will simply let you resize the partitions without having to reinstall windows or anything.

Norton PartitionMagic 8.0 - Symantec Home & Home Office Store - Product Information

but if you don't want to do that then yeah re-install windows.

But if I were you then I'd make just one partition, you have such a small hard drive it'd be better used as just one hard drive.;)

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
That's not his problem. I'll bet he's trying to delete the partitions from running the setup file while Windows is running.

Burn the Windows setup to a cd, boot to the CD, and then delete all partitions.