advertising your store

kknight0506

Registered Member
if one is new at selling on ebay or any auction for that matter, how do you make your store known to the buyers?..how do you make them notice that you exist and that you are offering such products or services?

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Hi ya.

There sevral ways to get noticed.
One way is Flash or Eye catching store layout.

Two you can cross premote your items.

Three you can go for the full package thet eBay offers. (see Ebay store setups)

Four you can also premote your store on the comunity backboards of Ebay.

Five you can list your auctions on sites like this one.

Hope that helps

mynameisCat

Registered Member
Is it against the rules to mention your website at *all*? I'm going to be putting up tips pages as a traffic generator for my website store and would like to refer to some of it on auction pages, and while I know it's not on to talk about your non-eBay store on eBay, is it okay if I use the website address on my packaging and still use my company e-mail as a contact?

kknight0506

Registered Member
its against the policy of ebay to promote your website on ebay. so i guesss you cant put it up there. because once i mentioned my store out there and they deleted the store name from my profile

Penguin

Registered Member
Is it against the rules to mention your website at *all*? I'm going to be putting up tips pages as a traffic generator for my website store and would like to refer to some of it on auction pages, and while I know it's not on to talk about your non-eBay store on eBay, is it okay if I use the website address on my packaging and still use my company e-mail as a contact?
You can't use the web site URL in your ebay info, but I think they can't keep you from using your company email as contact, and they certainly can have no say whatsoever about your packaging!