Advertisement or warning?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pro2A, Jan 14, 2009.

1. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

I've had people tell me this is a bad idea, but it could also ward off potential burglars...

[​IMG]

What do you think?

Discuss...

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009

2. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I would think of it more as advertisement, and really wouldn't display if I had firearms on the premises. Of course in TX, you don't really need to.

3. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Ya I would think in Texas that guns in a house is almost a given :lol:

4. Duke1985

Duke1985 EatsApplePieShitsFreedom

I've said this before advertising the fact you have have guns in your house only makes you a target for intelligent criminal.

If the petty criminal in me can take the floor a moment, I'd like to point out if I was in the mood to sell guns to the black market and I saw that, I'd start casing your house. After I felt I had a good idea what kind of security system your using I'd wait till you left and break in and steal your guns.

You see a gun registered in your name is way better for some criminal to commit a murder with, thus making it a pretty prize.

5. joshrcay

joshrcay Registered Member

I would think of it as an advertisement. I doesn't seem like burgulars would care too much about this anyway, they would just bust right in.

(Oh and I just got Rick Rolld by you)

6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Does it have the same purpose (not necessarily effect) as "Beware of Dogs" sign, in general? I just remembered what Icegoat said about this in the other thread. :hah:

icegoat63 likes this.
  7. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Guns are expensive and people might want to steal them. By displaying that you have guns you could have any of the following results:

1. Scare off potential burglars.

2. Encourage burglars to try to steal your guns. (Generally combined with #3)

3. Escalation. Hopefully you are well practiced.

You don't get to pick your results though. It's a dice roll. ;)

8. Stab-o-Matic5000

Stab-o-Matic5000 Cutting Edge in Murder

As far as I'm concerned, the best way to prevent your house from being burglarized is to not make it stand out from the other houses as having anything particularly valuable inside. Obviously, combine that with the proper home security measures, like locks, security system, and what not.

A criminal seeing that you have a lock, deadbolt, and security system will probably not break into your house. The criminal can get past any of those if he is determined, but they will pass it over in favor of an easier house to break into.

9. generalblue

generalblue Where is my Queen?

I believe it as a warning sign. Pretty much everybody that I know in Texas a including myself has a concealed handgun licsence. When I leave the house I put my gun under the seat so there would be no way that the robber can steal my gun. If I caught somebody breaking into my house you can rest assure that their brains will be popped out.

10. Stab-o-Matic5000

Stab-o-Matic5000 Cutting Edge in Murder

A smart criminal would come around when he's sure you're not home. We're also not talking about just one handgun. Pro2A has a veritable arsenal of a gun collection.