Advertise While We Travel To Grandpa & Grandma's House

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by iggyshotthebear, May 14, 2005.

1. iggyshotthebear

iggyshotthebear Registered Member

Hopes to be high profile

This is my latest... Hope it goes over better than the curse of cars lol

Yes, I have two eBay id's. mmkeebler is my original.

2. doubles2004

doubles2004 Registered Member

good luck on your auction iggy. im watchin

3. smallestgummi

smallestgummi Registered Member

That is a cute auction! So you're hoping to get enough oney to pay for the trip?!

One thing - what exactly are you giving away for the auction? Cause I didn't see anything mentioned and ebay will pull it if they are not getting something tangible won't they? What is the shipping cost for?

Your kids are ADORABLE!!!!!!!!! Your girl is precious! I hope it does well for you.

4. iggyshotthebear

Winning bidder will get advertising for the month we are there. I talked it over with my mother-in-law first... we are all kinda broke at the moment and no one can drive.

I have such a hard time writing 'creative' ads anymore because I posted eBay auctions for two companies here in Baton Rouge that had to be all technical.. facts and only facts about the product... My original layout was to tell why we couldnt get there on our own but decided I guess people just want facts... I may still revise it.. not sure yet.

And thank you very much for the compliments on the kids :D She's a cutie, he's a terror, together they drive me insane!

5. smallestgummi

Oh oh oh... you should change the shipping to worldwide cause otherwise you can only see it on ebay.com not all the other ebay sites like Canada etc.! You'll probably get a lot more lookie loos that way.

I added it of course and also emailed it to my avid ebayers :)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh OK. I never knew if for the advertising ones ebay was OK with them not getting an "actual" thingy or not. That's good then. Ebay has been SO mean lately! Grr

People do seem to like the sad stories, tend to bid a bit more... maybe that would work - but I think your ad is great as it is too!

Last edited: May 14, 2005
  6. iggyshotthebear

Thanks so much for the helpful tip! I went ahead and fixed it just now :)

Forehead Guy - ever thought of opening an mIRC channel? :p

7. smallestgummi

A chat would be an great idea!

8. iggyshotthebear

34 hits and 4 watchers... Anyone have any hints on how to get it UP?