Advertise on my tombstone!!!

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by LicentiousVenus, Apr 23, 2005.

1. LicentiousVenus

LicentiousVenus Registered Member

2. everlast423

everlast423 New Member

Thanks for posting my auction.If any of you have suggestions they would be most appreciated.Thanks again and wish me luck.

3. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Not sure if the funeral home will let you do this but how about advertising on the funeral possession? That will definately get people to bid on your auction and more advertisement for the winning bidder. Just a thought.

4. LicentiousVenus

lol...that would be hilarious...great idea dragon

5. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

Its not bad its just sooo far in the future. Probably 50 years. Most companies don't last 5 years. If you were terminal, that would be different. Anyway - Good Luck, hope someboy bites.

6. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

That's a good point Spence. Golden Palace could be long gone in 50 years, yet some dude's funeral procession has their banners.. Personally I wouldn't ever allow any sort of sponsorship of my funeral.

Everlast, you should at least put a "buy back" in the contract. If at any time you change your mind, you can give them what they paid back and call it off. Just in case you regret it later.

7. everlast423

everlast423 New Member

I thank all of you for the great ideas and help.I know that it could be awhile before they get to use the tombstone on my grave,but you never know and for now they could use it in ads and on tour.I think that would draw allot of publicity.Until the grand finally of the procession and laying it to rest.Thanks again all of you.You guys and girls are great.

8. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Here's an interesting point. Assuming you live a normal amount of time, everybody involved in purchasing this will most likely be dead anyway by the time you die. That might be a reason for them not to care. :( Just a thought.

9. everlast423

everlast423 New Member

Even so don't you think taking the tombstone on tour and using it in their ads would pay off.I bet it would bring tons of publicity and TV time.I have already been contacted by a couple of local news programs that are interested in the story.The TV time alone is worth hundreds of thousands in advertising.Not to mention that if I do happen to pass away early that will even double their time.Also my mom always said I would never make it to 30.Lol. :lol:

10. LicentiousVenus

I agree with forehead guy about including a clause about being able to buy back....you may not think that will be a problem now..but you are young (so am i but nontheless) what if you make it in politics or are a prominant business figure later on....it could cause a problem...you never know where you'll be 10 yrs from now...people change