Adversity in Your Life

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Hoosier_Daddy, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

I'd like to hear some well thought out and reasoned responses to this query.

Why do you feel it's important to have faced adversity in your life?

Are you a better person for having faced adversity?

At what point can adverse situations become a cummulative problem, whereby they are no longer beneficial?

*Discuss*

Hoosier.

2. breathilizer

breathilizer Resident Ass-Kisser

Adversity happens to everyone, whether they seek it or not. Those who do seek it often seek abnormally difficult adversities to figure out what they can and can not overcome. With this information, they will have the confidence to pursue adverse tasks in the future, or to avoid them, depending on their difficuty levels.

3. Hoosier_Daddy

I'm bumping this topic. It's one I believe should have merited more discussion. Let's hear some thoughts.

Hoosier.

4. Mr Casey

Mr Casey Guest

Adversity is a great form of building charachter. It leads to advanced levels of decission making, either by trial and error, or by usingwell grounded morals and learned knowlege to get the correct answer.

For example, a man faced with taking a chance at a job he can make a lot of money at, versus a job that pays less but knows he will love. If properly schooled, he should choose the job he loves because he will find ways to get by on less income, and will eventually be promoted and make more. Also, he will be happy. Many a man will be tempted however, to take the job with more money because they are greedy. In such an adverse decission, a man (or woman) makes himself.

You ask when the adversities become cumulative. Why, only when the person refuses to acknowlege that he or she is in an adverse situation, and chooses to ignore it. Only then does it become cummulative.

5. Hoosier_Daddy

What I mean when I ask at what point does adversity become a cummulative problem, I'm asking how many adverse situations are too many to overcome.

Hoosier.

6. Mr Casey

Mr Casey Guest

Too many, eh? It all depends on the person. Some people can get out of any situation, while others cant escape a $20 debt. It's not a number, it's the ability of the person to handle the situation or situations.