• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Adventures In Grocery Shopping

1_ares_1

Registered Member
1 teensy tiny piece of advice for LMMW5. My poor Mommy had 7 of us and sometimes took us all grocery shopping with her too. Only 1 way to make it a pleasant trip... Use the fear of God! Or DAD!!! My mom used to tell us before we left that any outbursts or messing around and she would "tell Daddy"! That's all it took and let me tell ya, we followed her around the store like 7 little ducks in a row! (of course I'm 40 so the child abuse laws were different!) But in any case, nobody wanted to get Daddy mad... Try that!! hahaha!

No, my Daddy was not abusive... but he didn't let anybody cross my Mommy without hell to pay. He was a great man.

Watching your auction...too cute :D

lostmymindwith5

Registered Member
angelspeak said:
Well as far as the $$$ goes, I'm quite sure this will do very well for you, I have no doubt we'll be watching it on the pulse page. :D As far as the surgery, I know that's tough, my oldest went through the adenoids and ear tubes...so give those little maniacs some virtual hugs from all of us!

Can't wait to see your book in print, I predict a bestseller! :D Are you writing under the pressure of a deadline? Mine ( childrens book) is suppose to be ready for submission by August...HA-HA, yeah right! I haven't even started the illustrations yet, the publisher I'm working with keeps giving me little hints and all I can say is "almost done"! Good luck, and BTW did ya ever get that bathroom wall fixed?
Thanks! Three of my kiddos have had this surgery and two of them have had tonsils removed too. Not fun, but better than having ear infections every month. My 4yo has really bad speech problems because of her hearing loss. Her name is Lexi and we say she speaks "Lexinese".

Your publisher is letting you do the illustrations? Are you an artist? Most publishers assign an illustrator for the book. That's cool!
I'm working under my own deadline of August as well. I'm afraid it's going to turn out to be August, 2099, however.

Oh yeah - my husband's taking next week off work and starting on the bathroom! Finally! Thanks for asking. :)

Mina said:
Problem is I didn't try for any of mine.. they are all birth control babies. Figure with me and hubby fixed, and me having a hysterectomy soon that if I get prego again the church should know about it!! :lol:
ROFL!!! Only two of mine were planned. When I found out I was pregnant with number five, I whipped that pee stick at my husband and demanded to know, "Just how the h&!! did this happen?!?!?!"

1_ares_1 said:
1 teensy tiny piece of advice for LMMW5. My poor Mommy had 7 of us and sometimes took us all grocery shopping with her too. Only 1 way to make it a pleasant trip... Use the fear of God! Or DAD!!! My mom used to tell us before we left that any outbursts or messing around and she would "tell Daddy"! That's all it took and let me tell ya, we followed her around the store like 7 little ducks in a row! (of course I'm 40 so the child abuse laws were different!) But in any case, nobody wanted to get Daddy mad... Try that!! hahaha!

No, my Daddy was not abusive... but he didn't let anybody cross my Mommy without hell to pay. He was a great man.

Watching your auction...too cute :D
LOL! Thanks!!! So you guys know, my kids aren't as bad as I make them out to be, but it's just not quite as funny to say, "We went to the store and they listened to me and didn't touch anything and didn't ask for anything." They really are pretty good kids, but they ARE kids and they certainly have their moments!

Last edited:

Nanner

Registered Member
LOVE it! I dread taking my one....I can not imagine taking FIVE!!! (btw wish the pics of the kids in the auction was bigger :( ) Unless forced at gun point (or I'm out of soda :D) I go after the hubby gets home from work or on his days off. Takes me about 4-5 hours cuz I take my time getting the groceries AFTER I've stopped at a few other stores first :D My sanity time!

I didn't realize I was among authors here! Tell tell tell! What kind of books are you 2 writing? I assume from your comment that yours will be about family/kids and stuff. What about you angel?

Oh yeah....on my watch list too!

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
lostmymindwith5 said:
Thanks! Three of my kiddos have had this surgery and two of them have had tonsils removed too. Not fun, but better than having ear infections every month. My 4yo has really bad speech problems because of her hearing loss. Her name is Lexi and we say she speaks "Lexinese".

Your publisher is letting you do the illustrations? Are you an artist? Most publishers assign an illustrator for the book. That's cool!
I'm working under my own deadline of August as well. I'm afraid it's going to turn out to be August, 2099, however.

Yes, that was one of the conditions,and I am an artist, so it was really not a problem. The hard part is that I am actually doing sculptures and taking pic's in live settings, which is very time consuming, especially when I DON'T have any spare time to begin with!!! If they give me a hard time about the deadline, then I just figure they weren't meant to represent me and I'll look elsewhere (yeah brave words, but I do believe things are meant to happen in their own time).

Nanner, mine is an illustrated children's book, which came about because of the "Fairy Bones" auction! :D Good things can happen at eBay!

lostmymindwith5

Registered Member
Yep, mine is an "Erma Bombeckesque" type of book about the insanity I live every day.

That's very cool about your children's book! I'd love to see it when it's done and I agree, that things will happen when they happen and not always according to our best laid plans. Somehow, things always work out though. :)