• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Adrian Peterson's quarterback pick: Michael Vick

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_252 ... chael-vick

I was surprised when I saw him tweet that this morning. Way to put down your quarterback(s). Not saying it's not possible that Vick could help lead the Vikings back to the playoffs, but it's not something you tell the public.

Should be interesting to see if Minnesota are going to make a push for him now.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
What Quarterbacks is he putting down? Freeman, Cassel and Ponder are all really really bad players lol

But I guess its bush league since they are on the roster still...unless one of them was cut I didn't hear it (I'd cut all 3)

Joster

I don't get why some people still think Vick can take a team into the postseason. He can't even get past five games into the regular season without getting hurt. What makes a move to Minnesota any different?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Millz said:
What Quarterbacks is he putting down? Freeman, Cassel and Ponder are all really really bad players lol

But I guess its bush league since they are on the roster still...unless one of them was cut I didn't hear it (I'd cut all 3)
Oh, I know they're terrible quarterbacks, I won't deny that. That said, your franchise player should not be criticizing any players on the team, especially the quarterback.

Joster said:
I don't get why some people still think Vick can take a team into the postseason. He can't even get past five games into the regular season without getting hurt. What makes a move to Minnesota any different?
I see where you're coming from, but for some reason I still see some potential in him. Yes, his health history will always be a concern, but he can still make plays happen with his feet, and his arm. Also, the Vikings have a pretty stacked offensive line that could better protect Vick out there.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah I know what you mean

On the topic of Vick and if he can play, I think he can. If you get him on turf he's dangerous. Although aren't the Vikings getting a new stadium? Is it outdoors? haha

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
If Minnesota can get this guy cheap, why the hell not? He is better then their current options. This is a team with a defense that will be on the up swing, Peterson in the prime of his career, Patterson possibly becoming a dominant WR. Adding Vick does nothing but IMPROVE the team, even if for only a year while they fill the gap with a draft pick. Seems like a no brainer to me, as long as they have the cap room

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
Honestly is Vick really any worse or better than what they have now? Peterson probably shouldn't have talked about Vick like that and dogged his teammates.

willge87

Registered Member
Dickey's Flow said:
If Minnesota can get this guy cheap, why the hell not? He is better then their current options. This is a team with a defense that will be on the up swing, Peterson in the prime of his career, Patterson possibly becoming a dominant WR. Adding Vick does nothing but IMPROVE the team, even if for only a year while they fill the gap with a draft pick. Seems like a no brainer to me, as long as they have the cap room
Yes he is better than any of the current options.
My team's defense is on the upswing? That's news to me.
Peterson is a freak of nature.
Patterson oozes potential, but hopefully he doesn't turn into Harvin: Part 2
Vick is a stop-gap for a year or two. Perhaps the Vikings draft D now and then pick a QB in the 2nd or 3rd rounds if they signed him.