• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Adrian Peterson reportedly indicted for child abuse

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Allegedly disciplined his son with a switch. Old-school southern-style beating.

(didn't know what a switch was before I asked my followers on twitter).

willge87

Registered Member
I knew there were personal problems stemming from the death of one son at the hands of, you guessed it, abuse of a step-parent, but this is pretty shocking as a Vikings fan. I don't think Peterson was ever presented as an angel, but there was never the idea that he was capable of something like this.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Tough call on this one. It's a fine line between discipline and abuse. I have no tolerance for child abuse. I would bet AP's grandmother took a switch to his ass too. Not sure how to feel about this one. I know times change, but at the same time, kids need to be disciplined, to a point.

smh122

Registered Member
Bizzy said:
Allegedly disciplined his son with a switch. Old-school southern-style beating.

(didn't know what a switch was before I asked my followers on twitter).

The switch he reportedly used

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
I had an argument with a follower the other day when he said that every player in the NFL is thug after the whole Ray Rice incident. After this news broke, I'm somewhat starting to agree with him. No matter what your child does, you don't discipline him with a weapon for crying out loud.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
The StroShow said:
I had an argument with a follower the other day when he said that every player in the NFL is thug after the whole Ray Rice incident. After this news broke, I'm somewhat starting to agree with him. No matter what your child does, you don't discipline him with a weapon for crying out loud.
Yeah the really ugly side of this league is coming out for everyone to see

This is as disgusting as the Ray Rice incident. You don't strike a woman and you don't strike a child, let alone with something like Peterson used. I totally get that you have to discipline your child at some point but Jesus Christ, you don't leave welts on the kid's body.

Some might find me radical and harsh on that matter but Peterson deserves the exact same treatment than Ray Rice did. Vikings need to cut him and NFL has to suspend him indefinitely. If Roger Goodell doesn't do that, he'll look even worse than he's looking right now for the poor handling of the Ray Rice story.