• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Adrian Peterson indicted for child abuse

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Adrian Peterson of Minnesota Vikings indicted in child case - ESPN

Minnesota Vikings star running back Adrian Peterson has been indicted by a Montgomery County, Texas, grand jury on charges of reckless or negligent injury to a child and a warrant has been issued for his arrest. The team deactivated him for Sunday's home game against the Patriots.
The black eyes just keep on coming for the NFL. Given Peterson's superstar status, I won't be surprised if the NFL tries to sweep this one under the rug too.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was just reading about this and thought about posting it.

I can't believe a big man like that would hit a 4 year old hard enough to leave injuries. What was he thinking. I have no problem with spanking but you don't hit a kid that hard.

It does seem like its getting to be a trend. I also hope they don't try to sweep this under the rug.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I hope hes convicted and goes to prison. Theres no way anybody should do what he did. He totally does sound like a dangerous bully. Didnt anyone tell him about grounding and family discussions? Nobody learns anything from violence!

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Unreal how this stuff keeps showing up

And then tomorrow comes and everyone still watches the NFL and nobody cares anymore

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
And then tomorrow comes and everyone still watches the NFL and nobody cares anymore
That's the sad thing. People will just keep on watching no matter what. As much as I hate the NFL as a business, I still plan on watching tomorrow. Just because football. But it's not outside the realm of possibility that I will give up on the league some day. It will require more shady stuff than what's going on currently, however.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Well, to be fair, I'm not going to give up on the game or the league just because of some bad apples. Not everybody in the league disrespects women and children.

This is messed up and I hope Peterson gets prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. There's is a difference between discipline and child abuse.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
If I liked football I wouldn't stop watching it because of this. There are a few bad apples that need picked from the tree but most are good.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Oh yeah I agree with you guys...a few bad apples won't stop me either.

And I agree that Peterson should get whatever he has coming to him because you cannot tolerate this.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
It's not the bad apples that are on the football field. It's the ones in the front office.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
One question I have is do these men have violent tendencies to begin with or does playing football bring it out in them. Football seems to have more than their fair share of them.

What got me with this story about Greg Hardy is the only thing said to him after he choked his girlfriend was because of his face paint he was out of uniform.

Carolina Panthers deactivate Greg Hardy amid domestic violence controversy - CBS News