• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Adrian Peterson compares NFL lockout to "modern-day slavery"

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Lockout'11: Say it ain't so, Adrian Peterson* - NFC North Blog - ESPN

This is one of the dumbest things I've heard come out of an athletes mouth in a real long time. I'm still appalled that he would actually come out and say something like this. He should of definitely kept his feelings to himself on this one.

Thoughts?

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
C'mon BR, athletes say stupid shit like this all the time! Maybe he should get together with that dumbass chick at UCLA, they seem to operate at the same level. :lol:

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
*FACEpalm*

Really Adrian Peterson? Really? This is one of the dumbest thing I've ever seen. With this whole lock out thing I am taking neither side.

Screw them both.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
C'mon BR, athletes say stupid shit like this all the time! Maybe he should get together with that dumbass chick at UCLA, they seem to operate at the same level. :lol:
Oh I agree that they say stupid crap all the time, but this is beyond anything I've heard in a really long time. I'm not in his shoes, but I think it's pretty safe to say that the situation with the lockout isn't remotelly close to "moderd-day slavery"

At the end of the day, he's still going to have millions of dollars in his bank account, whether there's a season next year or not.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I don't even get how the lockout can even come close to slavery! AP, why?

This will certainly get some backlash.

Zenheizer

needs practice
I didn't even read the article after I saw the quote. AP that was just dumb. If you're in slavery than what scenario is my unemployed ass in?

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I don't remember off the top of my head if AP graduated from college or not but this is what you get when we as a society give college scholarships to individuals who have the IQ of a snail. This is a really stupid thing to say and shows a level of ignorance that really should be quite embarrasing for him.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I saw this on Yahoo's homepage earlier today and just shook my head. Has he already taken too many hits to the head? One of the dumbest things I've heard in quite some time.