Adoption of children by same sex couples

snowflake

Registered Member
Should gay couples be given the same legal rights as heterosexuals in adopting children?

I think they should, as no matter what sex the parents are the love will still be there. A child needs love , attention and a routine. What does it matter if i'ts a gay couple or a heterosexual couple.

I believe that in the adoption process, there should be no remarks made to gender.
I believe 2 women would do as good a job as a male and female. I also believe 2 men would do as good a job too.

How many single parent families are they? .. 2 guardians(whether it be both male or female) would be brilliant for any child needing care.

The example set by same sex parents would aid in eradicating homophobia. It would become more acceptable in the wider world if installed into the younger generation.

Obsessiforge

- Diderot Reborn -
gay couples should be able to adopt the same as single parents, etc.

there isn't a single reason I can think of why it should be any different.

Bliss

Sally Twit
If they are in a stable relationship and it's something both of the parents want and agree to accept the responsibility then yes. The same goes for straight parents.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I think there are more important factors to consider when deciding for the future home of a child for adoption, other than whether the couple is homosexual or not. To make it the first level consideration (example: no other questions asked except "are you both male/female", then decide based on this) is a mistake.

Stab-o-Matic5000

Cutting Edge in Murder
As long as they have a stable relationship and fulfill all of the other requirements for adoption, there shouldn't be any reason for them not to. After all, there are children growing up in far more dangerous families.

Cait

Oh, poppycock.
The same stuff should apply to them as any other couple. There are enough orphaned children, why not let them?

KiethBlackLion

Registered Member
I agree that Homosexual couples should be allowed to adopt without restrictions based on sexual orientation. How many straight couples are there that abuse children? Sexual orientation has nothing to do with the care and love of a child.