• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Adding People On Facebook

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
How are you when it comes to adding people on facebook?

I know people who will add everyone they exchange hellos with. I know a guy who will search people up on his phone and add them on the spot.

Personally, I've always been a little weird about adding people. I don't know if it's just me or some social problem. I just feel weird searching someone up and adding them, even if I've known them for a while and established some kind of relationship. Basically the only time I feel comfortable with adding someone is if I'm definitely friends with them or say if I had a picture and I had to tag them. There have been quite a few people I coul've added, but ended up not.

I guess you can say that I feel strange adding someone I don't know well enough because I give too much significance to the act of adding people on facebook. :lol:

Bliss

Sally Twit
I have 2 accounts. One I rarely use and I made it so that I could store photos, view photos that my family/friends put up and to keep in contact with distant relatives. But like I say, I never post anything on there. The day I made it I had heaps of friend requests from old school friends. All they want to do is be nosy and that's why I hate it. I don't see any of these people any more so why would we be friends on FB?
My second account is the one I use the most. It's just for my GF friends.

Wade8813

Registered Member
I'll accept pretty much any friend request, but won't make a request unless there's at least a casual friendship there. I don't see friend requests as people being nosy, even if I haven't seen them in a long time. I mean, they won't be able to see anything I don't let them see, and sometimes I've been able to have good conversations with people I haven't seen in a really long time, maybe reconnect.

Bliss

Sally Twit
It is indeed nosy in a lot of cases, though. They just want to see your pictures and also bump up the numbers on their friends list. It's sad but lots of people do care about that sort of thing.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I add them if I see their name out there and we're not friends yet and I know them well enough. I wouldn't just start searching for people who I just met and ask them to be my friend haha.

I'm not nervous doing it though...they wouldn't be on facebook if they didn't want people to add them as friends otherwise.

Impact

V.I.P.
If I see someone I know (as in, have had more than one conversation with, and it's someone I would say hi to if I bumped into them on the street) then I add them to facebook. I'm the same when I get requests.

I was a little weirded out when people from work started adding me on facebook, but now it doesn't really bother me. I don't use it to bitch about work so meh.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I very rarely add people on Facebook, to be honest the sad thing is despite much I use Facebook and despite the fact I am always logged into it if I am on a computer I am growing to hate it and the term "social networking" and the main reason I still use it is to contact people whom I do not have the mobile number of or know it is easier to contact via FB. I also use it to rant...

Taliesin

Registered Member
I can understand your hesitance to add people on Facebook, gin. I often feel like I'm being rather presumptuous when I add folks to my friends list. I don't want to come across as being pushy or nosy or creepy in any way, so that's why I'm always glad whenever someone decides to just go ahead and add me first anyways. Gives me permission to reciprocate then, and I do it gladly!

wooly

I am the woolrus
Few years ago i would add pretty much anyone. If i saw a friend of a friend and thought "hey, we went drinking together once!" i'd probably add them. Not even to see what they were up really... just sort of, saying hello i guess! :p

Now though i don't add anyone. I realise all the people who i'm "friends" with that i've completely lost contact with, and it's kind of silly!

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I can understand your hesitance to add people on Facebook, gin. I often feel like I'm being rather presumptuous when I add folks to my friends list. I don't want to come across as being pushy or nosy or creepy in any way, so that's why I'm always glad whenever someone decides to just go ahead and add me first anyways. Gives me permission to reciprocate then, and I do it gladly!
I'm afraid to come off as creepy too, but if everybody thought that way, then no one is going to add anyone ever. haha