• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Adding Fiber to my Diet

Duke1985

EatsApplePieShitsFreedom
I'm trying to add more fiber to my diet as thats one of the places where I really seem to be lacking.

Does anyone have some suggestions for me, ie supplements or delicious foods I could eat?

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Well, a good start would be to swap your ordinary pasta to wholemeal, and your ordinary rice to brown rice.
Other foods high in fibre are nuts, some cereals (be careful of that one), vegetables, fruit (including dry fruit).
Also, leave the skin on your potatoes. :)

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Like Bex posted, when I think of increasing fiber I just change my usual bread, rice and pasta (three things that usually appear in my meals) to whole wheat/brown. Then I buy baked beans. :)

Cait

Oh, poppycock.
Well, food seems to be covered. I mix benefiber into my drinks or cereal. It helps me.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Whole grains usually are the route I take to. That and I eat a ton of fiber infused oatmeals. If you like oatmeal I have to say its a really easy way to go. Cold or hot oatmeal is definitely hard to beat. And the cool thing about it is almost every flavor is good as long as you like oatmeal to start.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
Fiber one yogurts. Key Lime Pie is delicious also the Fiber One oats and chocolate granola bars.

Healthy and 35% fiber per bar.

Trust me you will notice.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Make sure you add it gradually, Duke, and drink plenty of water, otherwise you will be terribly uncomfortable.

dDave

V.I.P.
Above all else I'd say that Kellogg's Raisin Bran is the way to go, That stuff has some serious fiber in it, and it's a cereal, so you win at both ends.