• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Adding different colors to food

viLky

ykLiv
I remember awhile back there was different color ketchup:

Purple, green and blue. I thought was was a bit unsettling, having a ketchup that isn't red. Blue, green and purple look like it wouldn't taste the same. My mind is thinking of a frosting or a dessert taste.

After seeing those pictures I thought is there ANY food I would like to see with a different color because the original is distasteful. I also thought how many foods out there that shouldn't be changed to a different color.

o-- Any foods out there you think or would like to be a different color?
o-- Any foods you would stop eating if they were a different color?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

o-- Any foods out there you think or would like to see a different color?
Honestly, I can't think of any.
If milk was blue, if bread was green, if mayo got turned into pink. Ugh... Those just don't seem very tasteful. Yuckie. >.<;​

Last edited:

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I actually think mayo wouldn't be that bad if it was light pink.. kinda like seafood sauce. Not that they taste the same.

That ketchup looks gross, I wonder what possessed them to do that.. Blue? sssrsly?

o-- Any foods out there you think or would like to be a different color?
No, I can't think of any. Though something like spaghetti might be tollerable in a funny colour.
Yeah, I suppose quite a few things haha. Eggs would make me feel even more sick if they weren't white and yellow.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
when you said "different colors" i thought you were talking about the diversity or meals on the table like greens salads, carrots or other healthy foods .

anyway.
the answer to both of the questions is No. can't think of any. and if they had different colors, i would eat them anyway.

sb1732

Registered Member
Haha i'd forgotten about the different coloured ketchup, i remember we bought a green one once. I think i was about the only one in my family who ate any of it. It did put me off it somewhat though. Haha.

And to answer your questions:

I don't think there are any foods i'd like to see a different colour exactly... but i think maybe something like chocolate would be alright still if it was a different colour. Or like nuts or olives or something. Or beetroot, soon as it's such an extreme colour already. lol i don't know really.

Not sure... depends how much i like that particular food i guess. It would probably put me off quite a few things though.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
I would change chocolate from brown to something a bit better. Maybe a light kinda brown colour like beige colour or a light kinda sandy colour! :lol:

If milk was red, or if bread was green

browneyes106

Registered Member
I remember those ketchup products. I thought they were really weird. Eating french fries with blue ketchup would be kind of freaky to me.

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
I've seen colourful chocolate (maroon, pink, green, yellow, blue). It didn't put me off, I thought it was cool.
We once had a "out of space" party theme and we coloured all the foods to a different colour, it did put me off a bit, but because I helped colour them I didn't mind eating it.
Eggs were blue and purple, pasta was blue and green. You get the idea.
As to answer the op questions, can't think of anything in particular.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I have never in my entire life seen a different colour for tommy sauce before. I am glad about that too. I'd feel like I was dipping my chips in icing sugar or something.

Last edited:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I actually think mayo wouldn't be that bad if it was light pink.. kinda like seafood sauce. Not that they taste the same.

That ketchup looks gross, I wonder what possessed them to do that.. Blue? sssrsly?
That's what I'm thinking too, about mayo. It's also not rare to see mayo and ketchup mix, which makes it pinkish.

I cannot imagine eating blue, purple, yellow or other colored ketchup than red, even if the taste is the same. It's just a psychological thing.

Some foods just need to be in the color I'm used to or I might find it too weird to try out.

However, I have eaten different colored pasta. And one time I made mistake of using red cabbage for a dish I'm making and it turned my soup purple. :shifteyes: We still ate it, knowing it tastes the same but the entire meal was full of LOLs and jokes about how none of us imagined we'd eat purple soup one day.