• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Adding color to earrings.

surefire

Registered Member
I've seen ball stud earrings in all kinds of different colors, like sapphire blue, lime green, red, and black. And I did buy some from Claire's. The problem, though, was that after a while the coating began to wear off on one of the pairs and it was silver again. So what I'm trying to ask is if anyone knows of a way I can add different colors to ball stud earrings myself.

Dabs

Registered Member
I've seen ball stud earrings in all kinds of different colors, like sapphire blue, lime green, red, and black. And I did buy some from Claire's. The problem, though, was that after a while the coating began to wear off on one of the pairs and it was silver again. So what I'm trying to ask is if anyone knows of a way I can add different colors to ball stud earrings myself.

I'll be damned!
I had the same problem....pissed me off.
Pay good money for the earrings and such, only to have the color come off!
I stopped buying them because of that....the only thing I could ever think of, was to maybe use nail polish...and then coat them with an acrylic nail coating??
But then, you'd have to make sure your ears weren't too sensitive and maybe become irritated because of the nail polish coloring...so not sure.
I guess we are stuck with silver studs?? ~LoL~

surefire

Registered Member
Really, you had the same problem? Trippy... :lol:

But I refuse to become stuck with silver studs! I have all I need of those. I could try the nail polish thing, though. My ears aren't sensitive at all, I can throw any old thing on.

The more I think about it, though, the better it would be for me to add color myself. There are very cheap ball studs out there I can buy. And I'm triple pierced, so I'd want three earrings all of one color in each ear, so if I could add color myself, I'd have enough.

Last edited: