• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Addicted to Honey

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Am I the only person addicted to honey here?

I just drank out of a 500g honey jar. I used the verb 'drink' because I literally took the jar and I drank the honey without even thinking twice. Obviously I didn't finish it up but I finished a good amount of it.

I mostly use chestnut honey (kastanie).

omnomnom?

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I'm not a huge fan of honey, but I will buy the honey locally made when my allergies start acting up. I've heard that if you do that, it's supposed to make you suffer less.

When I do buy it, I usually eat peanut butter and honey sandwiches with it.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I'll use it to cook when necessary or I'll put it in tea from time to time but I don't think I've ever eaten it by itself. I see it as more of an additive than a food. I also like it on unleavened bread.

dDave

V.I.P.
You, drank it? :lol: Sorry, that's a little weird. I've never heard of that before, it doesn't seem like it has the right consistency.

I do like honey though, I really like honey. I don't have it all that often, but when I do it's always with chicken nuggets or on toast with peanut butter. For a while I was actually putting it on bagels with cream cheese, it was shockingly good.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I do not like sweet and sticky foods. I find them annoying/messy and I am yet to find a food that compliments it well enough for me to enjoy.
I can't imagine doing what you did without vomiting all over.

dDave

V.I.P.
I do not like sweet and sticky foods. I find them annoying/messy and I am yet to find a food that compliments it well enough for me to enjoy.
I can't imagine doing what you did without vomiting all over.
You should try chicken with honey, that's some good stuff. :nod:

I don't find honey to be all that sticky. Unless of course I get it all over my hands and face, but that doesn't really happen :lol:. Maybe it's the kind of honey I buy? I can put it on a piece of bread and eat it without making a mess.

I also forgot to mention that I prefer to have my honey served warm (I don't usually get it that way because I'm way too lazy to prepare it like that, haha)

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Drinking honey is a new one for me haha

I don't eat it too much but I do like it. I've had honey tea before and it was pretty good.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Holy elly haha, honey much?

I do agree though, I do love the taste of a decent honey. I always hated it though, was when we got a new tub of honey and someone would put it in the fridge after using it instead of the cupboard. In the fridge, the honey would go all hard. So then you'd have to use a special, annoying and time consuming way to get the honey spread on your bread or whatever. Thus we'd never use it up fast, and it would go bad, and then my mom stopped buying it since it would just go to waste anyways :(

I haven't bought honey in awhile, but I think next time I go shopping, I just may.

Iris

rainbow 11!
Man. I love taking some honey and coating banana slices in it. Sprinkle a little cinnamon and fry them up in a pan