Add yourself to your buddy list?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Millz, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Let's say you've got yahoo instant messanger...

Do you have yourself added as a buddy on your list of friends? If so, why did you add yourself?

I have myself added on both yahoo and AIM. I first did it on AIM a long time ago because I liked to be able to check my profile and how long I had been online.

2. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I always had myself on MSN, just because :dunno: I don't remember ever not, right from the beginning.

Never added my own account to yahoo messenger (which is the only IM I use any more, bar Skype sometimes) up until about 6 seconds ago. Now I feel like a loser all over again.

3. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

I have myself added on msn. I did it so I could see what my display name looked like. I haven't done it for aim or yim though

4. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

never bothered, don't see why i need to waste more space for myself lol

5. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I've always had myself on my AIM buddy list. I guess I liked to be able to check how long I've been online. I'm on my YM buddy list too, but I don't remember adding myself. Does YM do that by default?

6. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

no it doesnt

7. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

lawl I didn't even know you could do that.

8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I've never heard of this before, and I don't see the point of adding yourself to your own chatting service. Each their own I guess.

9. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I think it is kinda weird that you would add yourself, it's not like you talk to yourself, or do you? But yeah, whatever floats your boat I guess.

10. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

Yes I have myself added on both my Yahoo account and my MSN account. I added my yahoo account to my MSN account so I could have convos with myself lolsaddo :shifteyes:

I added myself so I could see how I looked to other people on their list, I was curious.