• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

ADD/ADHD

Italiano

Film Elitist
I'm just curious to know, whether people actually consider ADD/ADHD to be a problem that should be solved with drugs (i.e. Ritalin, Ederol, etc.) or if it should be taken care of some other way.

Personally, I think doctors and physicians prescribe too much of this stuff. I was diagnosed with ADD and I never took any pills to help me with it.

If I did I would never be able to get up in the morning.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

I dont believe its a real problem, just an excuse to drug up a kid who is hyper.

Malificus

Likes snow
I have ADD, and have no problem dealing with it without using drugs.

When I did use drugs though, they helped. But as I got older, I stopped needing them. I had no problems with the drugs.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

I think its all in your mind anyway, if you needed to you could easily control it....its allll mental.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
It's an excuse for parents to drug up their kids because their lazy asses don't feel like dealing with it. Personally, if I was hyper enough and stepped out of line, I got a smack or strong discipline and it taught me a lesson. Parents are all for this passive punishment, which is an oxymoron itself.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

Yeah I know, instead of getting drugged up.

merob

Boom!
I know some people with ADD/ADHD, and it tends to be very serious. I wouldn't suggest medication; I hear treatment has caused suvere side effects. Riddilin(sp?), a common perscription for ADHD, causes brain damage. Why jepordise your life when you could learn self control?
Everyone I know diagnosed with the issue had to learn that themselves. Medicine only takes you so far...

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

Well parents are basically just to lazy to want to actually teach their children self-control, so they drug them up, as Merc was saying.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
It goes along with my whole rant on parenting setting a new low. People just don't seem to want to care for their children themselves anymore. They make everyone else deal with their shit.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Piccolo said:
Well parents are basically just to lazy to want to actually teach their children self-control, so they drug them up, as Merc was saying.
I disagree with that. I have ADHD and took Ritallin for it. However my parents wern't lazy, they took care of me properly.

Personaly for me, the medicine worked slightly. I still taught myself self-control, which helped at times. Around Year 9 or Year 10 I stopped taking the tablets. The main problem for me wasn't the hyperness, it was the outbursts I had if someone really pissed me off. However, I'm not sure if this anger problem I have is because of the ADHD or just the fact I have a natural anger problem.