• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Adam Silver Proposes Midseason NBA Tournament Similar...

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
http://nesn.com/2014/07/adam-silver-pro ... rs-fa-cup/

The mid-season tournament would be good for television, but it has to be structured in a way where teams would be willing to play 4-5 games in a relatively short period of time. I don't know how you would do that. That's part of the problem with the NBA, almost every time you go to a game you risk seeing a team resting a starter or not giving 100 percent effort.

If they do a 16-team tournament or something, they should start it on Christmas Day.

Sabby

Maybe make it an extension of the all-star format, take the best players from each division and have a six team mini tournament.

Each teams plays within their own div. (2 games each) then 1West vs 2 East and 1 East vs 2 West, the two winners play eachother in the finals

knickstape2107

Registered Member
I hate this idea because..
1) What would the teams play for?
2) If they play for a champiobship or something, it would take away from the NBA Playoffs and Finals.