• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

MLB Adam Dunn retires

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
“@adamdunn_44: Well boys and girls it was a hellava time! I truly thank all you fans! Y'all made it worth playing. Thank You!!#phase2begins”

Nice guy, but probably one of the least productive full-time players ever. I'm also glad he didn't sneak his way into the 500 home run club.

BJBirdy

Registered Member
I actually didn't even realize that he's been around for 14 years. He's now one of the few players where I can truly say that I followed his entire career.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Tyrus4189Cobb said:
Nice guy, but probably one of the least productive full-time players ever. I'm also glad he didn't sneak his way into the 500 home run club.
He's a one trick pony with a career batting average of .243. While there are no specific requirements to maintain a certain batting average, that's 10 points less than the worst hitting position player in the Hall of Fame, Ray Schalk. And he was inducted for his defense, not his offense. Harmon Killebrew only had a .256 lifetime average, but Dunn is no Killebrew. Adam Dunn is the Dave Kingman of our time.

goingtopshelf

Registered Member
Dunn in 14 seasons had a slashline of .237/.364/.490/.854; 2379 K (in 2012 he had 222 K), 1317 BB, 1097 R, 1631H, 334 2B, 10 3B 462 HR and 1168 RBI.

He was 4th in ROY, never higher than 21st in MVP and was only on 2 all-star teams. In all with exception to the HR/RBI numbers a very underwhelming career for someone the Reds had very high (Votto/Bruce-like) hopes for.