• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV Actors from other TV Shows

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I am currently re-watching The OC from some time ago. One of characters in it is Caleb Nichol who is played by Alan Dale. He is a very interesting person in the show and they clearly spent a lot of time building up a character that worked for the show but for most people who grew up in the 90's he is and always will be Jim Robinson from Neighbours no matter how many shows he goes on to do.

I have seen this with others, I have seen Bryan Cranston in Breaking Bad but he will always be Hal from Malcolm in the middle. Matthew Fox may have been Jack Shephard from Lost but I will always think of him as Charlie Salinger from Party of Five.

Do you have a similar thing with actors and shows?

Reactions: Doc

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
I didn't know Ming-Na Wae, from Marvel Shield, was in the Street Fighter film until last week when I watched it with a friend :lol: She's always going to be Mae from Shield to me though.

I've seen characters from Saw in regular shows, but they'll always be those character I knew.

The woman who played Hannah in Dexter (she's got a weird name, I forget it) played Sarah in Chuck, so she'll always be Sarah.

It's fun picking them out, but sometimes it's annoying because you know the face but can't place them!

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I didn't know Ming-Na Wae, from Marvel Shield, was in the Street Fighter film until last week when I watched it with a friend :lol: She's always going to be Mae from Shield to me though!
See for me Ming-Na will always be Jing-Mei from ER.

On a site note did you still call that person a friend after watching Street Fighter?

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
We were laughing at it all the way through, it's one of those films that was awesome as a kid and that you laugh at now :lol:

Bliss

Sally Twit
SJP will always be Carrie Bradshaw from SATC, Alan Davies will always be Jonathan Creek, All of the actors from Friends will always be their character names and all of the actors from The Inbetweeners will always be their character names.

If you play a character really well in something really popular it's bound to happen. The sad thing is that some of these stars will often flop if they try something new.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Friends will always be their character names
I would agree with this aside from Courtney Cox, for me she is Gail Weathers from the Scream franchise, she was so different in the roles it was amazing to see such a change and a break, very few actors can do that and for the friends cast that is a massive problem. Yes some have done so but that is the problem with the show and the characters become bigger than the actors themselves.

In the show Episodes on BBC 2 there was a scene where Matt LeBlanc was due to be a part of a show that was being made, the reaction from the female lead was "JOEY? JOEY?! They want to cast JOEY?!" and that is why I like it, they didn't hide the fact they were using Matt and referenced not only his character but also how bad his spin off show was and the biggest thing for me is it really changed my mind on the guy.

Here is a clip:

Beverly and Sean Rescue a Drunk Matt LeBlanc - Episodes, Episode 4 Preview - BBC Two - YouTube

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
The actors from Lost and The Sopranos will always be associated with those characters for me since I loved those shows so much. Same with Seinfeld, obviously.

It seems to happen a lot to TV actors as opposed to movies, probably because they are playing the same character for several years.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I definitely run into this a lot.

Adam Baldwin will always be Knowle Rohrer from The X-Files to me, even though he starred in Firefly & Chuck for longer periods of time. I even liked him better in the latter two shows.

Adam Brody will always be Seth Cohen from The O.C., no matter how many other roles I see him in.

Timothy Olyphant always reminds me of Mickey Altieri from Scream 2. It doesn't take away from his more recent performances though. He's been exceptional as Raylan Givens.

The list could go on forever.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Timothy Olyphant always reminds me of Mickey Altieri from Scream 2.
I haven't seen Olyphant in a lot of things aside from Scream 2 and Gone in Sixty Seconds but he was wonderful in both roles. I will not deny the final scene in Scream is classic but I just love the ending to Scream 2 and think it may actually be better.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Keenan Thompson will always be Kel's buddy to me.

Along a similar note Michelle Trachtenberg will always be the girl with a broken arm from Pete and Pete. Also, later, Harriet the Spy.

A huge one for me is noticing cartoon voices in other shows. You'd be shocked how many characters share the same voice actors. Just IMDB "Billy West".

Ashton Kutcher will always be Kelso, too.