• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Activities with your mum or dad

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
What sort of activities do you share with your mother or father?

e.g.
I play golf with my Dad
I regularly go down the pub with my mum and have a nice social bevvy or two or four.

How about you? What sort of stuff do you do with your parents?

and in all, why not elaborate on your relationship with your parents in general... if you wish to.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Ah, you got this from my golf response:p

With my dad is was usually sports related. Golf, playing catch, LOTS of basketball (my dad played junior college basketball), hunting, fishing, things like that. With my mom is usually involved talking. My mom and I would talk for hours sometimes, about anything and everything. I was a real momma's boy growing up:p

I had, and still do, have a very close relationship with my parents. I talk to my dad pretty much every day.

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Ah, you got this from my golf response:p

With my dad is was usually sports related. Golf, playing catch, LOTS of basketball (my dad played junior college basketball), hunting, fishing, things like that. With my mom is usually involved talking. My mom and I would talk for hours sometimes, about anything and everything. I was a real momma's boy growing up:p

I had, and still do, have a very close relationship with my parents. I talk to my dad pretty much every day.
Nope, actually I just got in after spending an hour or two at the pub with my mum... although I'll say I did if it makes you feel better :p

I like being able to relate with my parents, even at the spry age of 23. I guess I have a similar relationship as yours, sports with my dad and talk with my mum, even if talk with my mum does usually involve us being in a pub drinking alcohol... :D

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Most of the things I do with my dad are sports related, either going to games or watching games on TV. We used to play golf together a lot. We play board games sometimes. And we've done a few road trips together.

I don't do nearly as much with my mom. We just don't have any of the same interests. I am very close with both of my parents though.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
me and my mom really don't do that much together per say. I guess the most we do together is when I'm over at her house, we'll watch some shows together and eat some food.

When I chill with my dad the few rare times, we just have a few beers and talk about life. We're both avid life philosophy talkers =P

Bliss

Sally Twit
I am close with both of my parents. I don't do anything in particular with either of them. I just like to spend time with them. Like Danny with his mum, I'll eat food with them, hang out, watch some TV and just chat.

Sometimes I'll go shopping with my mum and on the odd occasion I'll go to an Ice Hockey game with them as they are big supporters of our local team.

Dabs

Registered Member
I was super close to my Mother, we were best friends :)
We did many things together...went shopping, planted her rose bushes, she taught me how to crochet and how to knit.
We went to Bingo together.....and she enjoyed going with me to my son's Little League baseball games when they were small tikes.
She enjoyed Christmas and decorating her tree was what made this amazing smile come across her face....a beautiful smile I will never forget.
Mother and I talked every day on the phone if we didn't see each other.
I lost my Mother tho......to lung cancer, in 2005.
My Dad, because he was so mean to me when I was growing up, we never had a great relationship at all........but when my Mother became terminal, it was her wish, that Dad include me as a 'daughter'.....it's hard to describe really, but Dad and I did become closer after we lost Mother.
Whenever my car needed the oil changed, Dad did it.
Whenever I had any question pertaining to my car, I went to Dad..and he took care of it.
It's sad in a way, because Dad and I never really became "close" per say, until we lost Mom.......but then, I am glad for the little bit of close time Dad and I did have.......for I lost him to cancer in 2008.
But, I forgave my Dad long before I lost my Mother.....that was something that helped me, tremendously.
My Dad was a great auto mechanic......he knew it all ~LoL~
I wish I had them both....to share some more good times with.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
I go to football with my dad :D Have done for years now. I don't do much with my mum, i think we're a little too different, but we'll watch drama's (Desperate Housewives etc) and gossip about them :lol:

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I live with my Dad now, and ever since I moved in we don't see each other that much because I either doing my own thing or he is working. When I had my condo we took time to see each other but now we don't, it's weird.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well I don't live with my parents anymore, so the activities have died down since. That said, I never did a lot of activities with my parents since we are very different, me and my brother are huge sports nuts and my parents hate it. I did go biking with them when I was younger, but that changed when I became a teenager. Now the only thing I do is pretty much eat dinner with them from time to time.