• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Activision prepping Black Ops 2?

Konshentz

Konshentz
Report: Activision Prepping Black Ops 2 - Xbox360 News at IGN

Activision has purchased blackops2.com, suggesting that a sequel to Call of Duty: Black Ops could be in the works. The publisher previously purchased domains up to Black Ops 6, with 2 being noticeably absent from the list, but that domain has now joined Activision's collection.

According to a report by Fusible, the domain is owned by MarkMonitor, an "internet brand protection company" that "caters to over half the Fortune 100, of which Activision is a client." The domain's WhoIs data shows that it was last updated on January 6th.

This could be as simple as Activision protecting its copyright by grabbing the domain early, but considering that Black Ops sold over 14 million copies, a sequel is certainly not out of the question. A recent job listing suggests that a Call of Duty game is in active development, though we don't know if it will be Black Ops 2 or something different entirely.

Black Ops 2 can only be considered a rumor for now, but we've reached out to Activision and will update with any comment we receive.
So, what do you think... will we be seeing Black Ops 2 soon or is Activision thinking ahead and buying up sites just in case?

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I hope they come through with Black Ops 2 because I really enjoyed the first one and I think despite all the shit that Activision cops from the public, they make great games.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I am not surprised with this inevitable game, but can't they just take a year off? Honestly. It's a little bit obsessive on Activision's part, but we have already argued that, :lol:

Konshentz

Konshentz
Hey, if they know they can sell millions & millions of games, every year, without fail, then why not do it? More power to them. I'll buy it. Haha.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I understand that, but it is suffocating other smaller companies from releasing games in the popular November window.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Black Ops was a seriously average game for me. Nothing about it was as exciting as MW2 because it always felt so slow. I love that it's all gun on gun action since the killstreaks kind of sucked but the action for me was lackluster.