Activision Blizzard?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
So, what do you guys think of two monster game companies merging? Activision and Blizzard announced that they are merging 18 BILLION worth of company.

These companies are responsible for Guitar Hero, WoW, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, Diablo, and Call of Duty.

What I think we're going to see now is more Blizzard games on consoles, and more Activision games on PC.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I used to do contracted inventory work for Activision a few years back. :) But yeah, this is a HUGE merger... I'd be impressed if it actually happens though. Did they give a timeframe?

If it did happen then I wonder what they would do with the names? Activision|Blizzard is no good.

My guess is both would keep their same names due to the brand recognition.

Teorropy

I definitely would be interesting to see what kind of games they come out with.

Maybe they will come out with a game where you have tony hawk going all over the Underworld beating up Diablo and his brothers. hahaha

Okay maybe not.

It was just a thought.

And that is why I don't make video games.

Eilt_Druin

Registered Member
My guess is both would keep their same names due to the brand recognition.
I read an interview with one of the top guys at Blizzard. He said that's what they plan to do. Blizzard's games will still have Blizzard on them and Activision's will keep that name. The official company name will be Activision Blizzard, but we're not supposed to see that on any games.