Achieving Musical Enlightment - The Long Hard Road to Hell

Discussion in 'Music' started by Relinquished, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Relinquished

Relinquished Registered Member

Well this should be interesting. A brief history of my random music tastes (don't worry there is a point).

Basically I used to listen to a lot of mainstream s***, my favourite songs would almost always be in the Top 40. As a teenager I found myself at last drifting into the amazing world of Rock/Heavy Metal etc. I can't use exact genres like Progressive Rock or Industrial because I don't what they actually are.

The first majorly heavy band I liked was Trivium, the Ascendency Album was the greatest thing under the sun to me for a long time. Then came news of The Crusade being released. It was diabolical. Needless to say my tastes expanded, into lesser known bands. Dimmu Borgir, Blackstone Cherry, Amon Amarth, Lacuna Coil and obviously the amazing Disturbed.

It was a slow and ongoing change into subjective musical bliss and I'm always looking to expand my horizons even more. Any great bands you wanna suggest..

I love heavy music but to be honest I'm not a huge fan of overly Screamo stuff. If you want any guidelines here they are.. I'm a fan of:

Metallica
    Motorhead
    Disturbed
    Lacuna Coil
    Dimmu Borgir
    Amon Amarth
    Bedlight for Blue Eyes
    um.. yeah.

lol thank you for any suggestions

2. Corona

Corona Registered Member

Korn
    Future Leaders of the World
    Soil
    Saliva
    Puddle of Mudd (their old stuff is the best)
    Some of The Offspring

There.

3. redsoxocd

redsoxocd living on the border

4. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

Since you like Motorhead, you should check out Lars Fredrickson and the Bastards.

5. redsoxocd

redsoxocd living on the border

oh yeah, since you like Amon Amarth, you may like Soasin, idk