• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Accents You Love/Hate

wooly

I am the woolrus
What accents do you love and what accents do you loathe?

One of my favourite accents is definitely French. The French language is just magical but even the accent while speaking English is lovely. Welsh is another accent I really love. It's a really fun, friendly accent. I guess my third favourite would probably be Australian, but a soft Australian accent. Not a really strong Aussie one!

My least favourite is undoubtedly Northern Irish. Absolutely cannot stand it, and a lot of the pronunciations make absolutely ZERO sense. I generally can't understand a word anyone says from up that way.

Elanor

Registered Member
I love the Italian accent, it is just really lovely to listen to, and also the French. I tend to like the softer accents. I am not keen on the German accent, and some Scottish accents. But I do like the Edinburgh accent, it is lovely.

Like you, I really don't like Northern Irish. the pronunciation of certain syllables really grates.

Bliss

Sally Twit
The Liverpudlian accent drives me up the wall! I find it really irritating. I apologise if there are any people here from Liverpool (except ginock as he doesn't have the accent) but it's just one of those things. It sounds worse coming from women.

Pam's accent is my favourite, so I will go with Texas.. However, she may have a different accent in her area of Texas. So it is wherever she is from. I find it fun to imitate lol.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I'm a fan of the British and Australian accents. French and Italian accents should be counted as an honorable mention for me. I like the Kiwi accent as well. I'm somewhat indifferent to the Southern US accent, but I do really like Pam's. I think it might have something to do with her voice, though. Haha.

Least favorite, probably Nothern Indian and maybe Scottish. Not a big fan of those.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I love the British, Australian and Italian accents. I don't know which of the three is my number one favorite. I also like the Irish and Russian accent.

Its fun to watch an Italian tell someone off when they get the hand action going.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
The Liverpudlian accent drives me up the wall! I find it really irritating. I apologise if there are any people here from Liverpool (except ginock as he doesn't have the accent) but it's just one of those things. It sounds worse coming from women.

Pam's accent is my favourite, so I will go with Texas.. However, she may have a different accent in her area of Texas. So it is wherever she is from. I find it fun to imitate lol.
Her accent is like most of Texas but not down here where I am because of the heavy Hispanic influence. In other words my accent is not like hers, mine is more of a Spanish accent than a Texas accent.

I love the French and Italian accents. There isn't an accent I hate but the Russian accent seems a little rough for me.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I've always loved Irish accents and Australian/New Zealand accents. Its just such a fun sounding accent. Like everyone who speaks with it is just bound to do something fun!

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Wow, it's nice to hear that I have such an awesome voice/accent. Over here in East Texas, it's pretty redneck. When Lauren and Kay were here, both of them commented on how they couldn't understand my sister at all. I think I have the Texas/Southern drawl going on, but I used to do customer service for a large company that served the entire United States, so I was able to temper and tone it down. I'm not sure that I have a true Texan accent, it's been somewhat diluted, so to speak.

I love the British accent. It's one of my favorites to try to copy. One night at a party I had this idiot convinced that I was from England. I was drunk, and I think my accent was terrible. Maybe she was a little more sauced than I was.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Accents I love: British, Australian, French, and African. I honestly just like the way they sound and I can always understand them.

Accents I hate: Most Middle Eastern, Appalachian, and Indian. I can never understand most Middle Eastern or Indian people speaking English. I just hate the way the Appalachian accent sounds.