Acai Berries: New super fruit?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Merc, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I hear about them a lot these days, is the pomegranate old news all of a sudden? Anyone eat acai berries or take supplements? I hear they're supposed to be very good for you in a lot of ways.

2. ancredelamour

ancredelamour Registered Member

i eat a lot of goji berries aka wolfberries, theyre pretty good, they have every kind of vitamin in them possible! ... almost!

3. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I actually never heard of them before. I am assuming they are an expensive exotic berry?

4. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I've heard more hype about the goji berries myself. But I have been seeing acai show up on the market more frequently all of the sudden.

It's supposed to be good for the immune system, digestion, and is also supposed to give you extra energy.

5. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

I've been hearing all about them lately. I personally don't take the supplements or anything, but if they are as magical as they are made out to be, then we should all be eating them all the time =)

6. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

I've had a few of the Jamba Juice variation. I personally drink pomegranate juice from time to time and enjoy how it makes me feel, so I'll stick with that.