• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Abuse

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
This fits under a few catagories. Child abuse is the most common, and i'd like to know what everybody thinks about Child abuse and any others that you know of.

I actually had a friend in high school who was beaten by her parents. There was really no real rason behind it except the fact that she was the oldest, things didn't start to turn around until last year when she finally told a teacher.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

Some parents seem to have no idea that they are abusing their children. I believe mental abuse happens more often then physically abuse. I was mentally abused when I was younger, which is why I matured faster then most people, mental wise that is. Physical abuse pissed me off a great deal, if I know or see one of my friends parents hit them then I basically just go into a rage, which is not a pretty site to behold. If I find out that one of my friends is being sexually abused, then thats just like signing your own death warrant.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Yeah. Some parents think that they are just discipling their children, but there is a line to be crossed. I'm lucky enough to not know anybody who's been abused.

Also, could somebody elaborate on mental abuse?

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

When you mentally abuse your child it can mean many things. If you constantly tell your child that they are worthless, wont amount to anything, etc. That leads to low self-esteem which is bad to have when you are a child. Depending on which parent does this it could lead to biased views of the opposite or same sex. Thats just a couple things, there are many, many more ways to mentally abuse your child.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Ok. I was thinking that mental abuse was like putting lots of pressure on the kid like grades, sports, etc. WEll, I guess that can be some form of mental abuse but not on such a big scale.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

That would be a small form of mental abuse, telling your good to make good grades is good, but if you constantly pressure them to then that is bad.

SuiGeneris

blue 3
To me they are the same. Maybe thats just because I dealt with some of it first hand, or maybe its because I'm ignorant. Well perhaps I worded that wrong; they aren't the same, but one can defiantly lead to the other; and both show traits of the other.

I think if you physically abuse your child; then it inevitably amounts to mental abuse as well. Not only does the child have the bruising, and the physical pain, but then they are constantly plagued with the questions as to why? Also it can hinder the development in a child, and lead them to behave just as badly as their father/mother did.

As far as I'm concerned its one of the worst things to do to a kid. It has sooo many side affects. However, if you don't discipline a kid, because you are afraid you are abusing them (and they get away with anything they want) its basically just as bad for them. Its a fine line, and it gets finer each day.

lavoidgaskins

Registered Member
Pugz said:
This fits under a few catagories. Child abuse is the most common, and i'd like to know what everybody thinks about Child abuse and any others that you know of.

I actually had a friend in high school who was beaten by her parents. There was really no real rason behind it except the fact that she was the oldest, things didn't start to turn around until last year when she finally told a teacher.
If I were your friend I would have abused them right back.

Piccolo said:
Some parents seem to have no idea that they are abusing their children.
This is why some people shouldn't have children.

Well abuse is a complex topic. I was/am abused in many wayZ. Recently I would have to say I'm emotionally abused. Things are hard for me and, the less support I have from people I care about the more my emotions get hurt. Hmmmm sound like neglect but I guess you can say they are emotionally abusing me by allowing my emotions to get the best of me. Oh wellZ I would have to say it's my fault. When someone is abused it's there responsibility to take charge of the situation(s) and make things better the best they can. If one doesn't do that then abuse will continue. I'm guessing the main point of what I'm saying is to talk to someone about the abuse and things will get better.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
A lot of adults do abuse there children, one form of it that I hear often and see often is the parent at sports games, let's use hockey for example, especially here in Canada, if you don't score a goal then the Dad or mother sometimes will scream at you and even sometimes will beat the child. Also one incident that happen here is that one time a kid hurt another kid at a hockey so the dad of the kid got hurt when to beat up the other dad after the game, and got charged for it.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Child abuse is the one main reason I support the death penalty. People who get off on hitting, raping, or torturing children have major problems.