• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Abreu signs in Anaheim

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
According to the Los Angeles Times, the Angels are expected to sign Bobby Abreu to a one-year contract "by the start of spring training Saturday."

The newspaper reports that Abreu is scheduled to undergo a physical exam Wednesday and the Angels are expected to waive Nick Green to make room on the 40-man roster. Abreu has played right field for virtually his entire career, but would likely replace Garret Anderson in left field while also seeing time at designated hitter. SI.com reports that the deal is worth around $5 million plus incentives, which is a major bargain
If the deal is only for 5 million dollars then the Angels did unbelievably well with this contract.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Eh, perhaps. Abreu is getting up there in years, he's part of a passing generation of great hitters though, so we'll see if he's got anything left in the tank. Personally I don't see it as that big of a deal.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think this is a good addition to the team, obviously Abreu is on the decline and won't put up all star numbers anymore. But I think hes good for 15-25 home runs and 80-100 rbi's, especially on a team like the Angels. This is a good pick up. He also has a great glove, and a cannon of an arm.