About the talented artists on this board

yooperchick

Registered Member
The other threads about art were closed, and I just wanted to add my 2 cents about the artwork on here. All I can say is - WOW!!

I wanted to mention this program called Isle Royale National Park Artist-in-Residence. Isle Royale is a wilderness island located in Lake Superior. I've never been there (yet) but a close friend of mine works there in the summer for the National Park and he's told me all about the island. I've been fortunate enought to view participant's work created during their stay on the island and they are amazing. If you love creating art inspired by nature, this program would be worth taking a peek at.

If anyone would like more info, I'm sure I could get my hands on some printed literature or I'd be willing to dig around for more info. Just let me know.

nani1987

Registered Member
that is interesting... nothing more beautiful then mother's natures own creation of the world.............. I am an artist as many are here are we all do all sort of art it amazies me all the time when i see art work.. the heart and soul shows thru it.......
nani

Thanks Tricia, that sounds like something interesting to look into. I'm gonna Google it when I get to work (not that I don't work when I'm at work :) ) If I can't find anymore info on it, I'll be asking!!
Thank you for the kind words on our projects, you know we artists are a sensitive lot and need that lil' ego boost every now and then!
Now if Iggy would just finish her mural and post the pic's........ :D

Found the link............................http://www.nps.gov/volunteer/air.htm

What an incredible opportunity for anyone interested! I would love to go to the program in Maine, but sadly, can't imagine carving out another extra moment of time..........Thanks again Tricia!!

Last edited:

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Hi thank you. Angel is the one who got me to share my work..Now they can't get me to stop. I wish I had the time to go. But then again I don't do nature stuff.
Now if they had a movie prop sculpting classes. I would be there in a heart beat... :D
Horror, Scifi and comic books are what I do best.. Thanks again for the kind words. It means alot to all of us..
:cool:

iggyshotthebear said:
"I'm not really an artist, I just play one on T.V. ... err the internet!" hehehehhehe
Yadda-yadda-yadda...yeah right!! Don't believe her, she's just being modest!