• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Abortion

Is abortion morally justified?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SystemMetrics

Registered Member
Only a small amount of women who got pregnant in a result to rape actually have abortion.

How about in a situation where the mother doesn't want to have a child, but the father does? The mother has a choice to have an abortion. Now if the situation was in reverse, and the mother wants the child while the father doesn't. The father now has to pay for child support in the second scenario, and not in the first. While I'm not saying a father shouldn't have to pay child support, cause I think someone who can give birth to a child should have to pay. I just think that abortion should be the last resort. That the mother who doesn't want her child, should give the child up to adoption or to the father, rather than simply killing the child. I think that once a mother has given birth, that their more likely to take sex more serious.

Master Windu

Registered Member
"If you actually believe that you are really nieve"

No I'm not naive, it's something my class went over last semester. An egg can only last 48 hours after the follicle has ruptured. The typical life of a sperm is about. But...I do extend it further...it is possible of a span of about 12 days, though fertilization odds are lower at certain times.

SOURCE: http://www.pottymouth.org/wetspot/wetspot077.html

If you have no info to go with your argument, perhaps, you are the one who is naive.

The fear argument is NOT laughable, as a woman may completely miss a cycle do to stress and other chemical imbalances.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
Its called real life experiance.... just because i cant up and prove it doesnt mean shit!

My wife has NEVER had a period, and got pregnant twice.
yeah... studies are just that ... studies.... sperm can live up to a week after being released into a woman.... chances are high of a woman getting pregnant ANY time they have (unprotected) sex.. not just 3 or 4 days... comeon get real

if that were true... the birth rate would be a hell of alot lower than it in this world

Its even been proven that pre-ejaculate can get a woman pregnant, and that can be as small as a pin head

Why is it that some women are breeding machines, and can pump out a baby EVERY 9 months and some cant get pregnant without the help of a doctor... everyone is different, and there bodies work in different ways, its just the facts of life, i dont need a study to prove anything to me

Laserkid

Registered Member
Samus I understand the rape issue you mentioned but tell me this - how is it the kids fault? Why kill the child for the sins of the father?

SamusAran86

Registered Member
so your saying that causing a woman more pain... through a child that was brought into this world in one of the most disgusting acts to perform on a woman

the 'Rape' was tramatic enough, but to make a woman suffer because of a criminal act could cause emotional scars that probably last till that person died

My best friends wife was 'raped' years ago when she was about 13 years old... she has gotten over it over time, but to think if she got pregnant from that act the way it would have scarred her.

I really wish my friend had a computer... he could explain it better.
hell I know his wife wouldnt mind sharing her thoughts this subject either

Master Windu

Registered Member
Remember there are alot of people who need to be removed from the gene pool because they are that stupid
Who are you to judge who will or won't be stupid?

Laserkid

Registered Member
Originally posted by SamusAran86
so your saying that causing a woman more pain... through a child that was brought into this world in one of the most disgusting acts to perform on a woman

the 'Rape' was tramatic enough, but to make a woman suffer because of a criminal act could cause emotional scars that probably last till that person died

My best friends wife was 'raped' years ago when she was about 13 years old... she has gotten over it over time, but to think if she got pregnant from that act the way it would have scarred her.

I really wish my friend had a computer... he could explain it better.
hell I know his wife wouldnt
I agree Rape is sick - but in the opff chance a child is concieved via Rape, how is it the childs fault his father raped his mother? How does this at all justify murdering the child who has done nothing? The mother didnt chose to have the kid and no the mother shouldnt have to go through that I can agree with those points and for the longest time I'd be right in line with you before this valid point was given to me. What fault ios it of the child? Why kill the child for something that frankly it has no control over?

If we took this logic we should kill children from a divorced home from a father who left the mother through cheating - since their born child reminds her of the husband who left her, so its allright to kill the kid that puts her through pain of reminding her of the man who hurt her right? Wrong. You can't punish people for the sins of the father.

Misao

Registered Member
well....in my opinion...i'd say abortion is wrong. if the abortion is aboslutely necessary in some cases (like the mother being too weak to bear a child or something like that, i dunno) then maybe ok; or like rape too, i guess. but abortion's not something i'd suggest on a silver platter. if nothing at all seems to work and she has no other options, THEN do the abortion....which really doesn't make sense cuz she could just put the kid up for adoption.

ppl say that since it's the mother's body, she has the right to choose what to do with it. i disagree with that. she already decided what to do with her body when she had sex. from what i learned, the child and the mother are merely connected cuz the child can't live on its own. their blood never mixes, it is always separate. it is a life on its own, and i think it's wrong to take it from a kid before it even had a chance to decide for itself and was totally helpless. i have read some testimonies before on what some ladies thought of their decision to abort their kid, and they all say that if they could go back in time, they woulda found a different way. technically, it boils down to being murder, in my opinion

but thaz just me and my thoughts so don't shoot me for it lol

Pianobone

Registered Member
I agree Misao. If you read testimonies of women who have had an abortion, they will tell you that it was the most tragic thing they have ever done.