Abortion

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by DinoFlintstone, Nov 29, 2008.

1. DinoFlintstone

DinoFlintstone "There can be only one!"

I only got to thinking of this after reading about 'another' rape statistic.

I am pro-life.

One of the arguments people have on abortion is 'what if the Mother was raped?' That's why I created this thread, my counter-argument is 'What if it turned-out your Mother was the victim of rape that resluted in your birth?' If you were still for abortion 'only in cases of rape' could you possibly be wishing your life away? If you wish your life away, then should you really be allowed to voice an opinion on the matter?

2. PentaCube

PentaCube Registered Member

you should come protest with me, I go to gas stations and protest their support of the sunflower abortion factories, or as I like to call them, satan's houses of everything evil.

Be warned this link is terrifying and will make you a believer in my cause.

http://shopuncleharrys.dukestores.duke.edu/images/4 02 06 New MR Lil Debbie 002.jpg

Look at that! they killed them all before they had a chance to grow! and then packaged them like they were just some sort of...FOOD! This is disgusting...what were we talking about?

3. DinoFlintstone

Ok..ay. :confused:

This was meant to be a serious discussion.

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I will let that reply slide since this isn't in the serious forums but... that was a pretty BS reply. :-/

5. PentaCube

of course it was a BS reply, I don't care THAT much about sunflowers...I apologize, proceed with your discussion.

6. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

No matter what the situation may be, I am pro-choice. If I had been the result of a rape, my opinion would be no different. Whilst something is inside a womans body, she has power over what she wants to do with it. I may object to abortion in most cases, but I still hold the belief that a person has the right to the decision. If thats wishing my life away then so be it. Why does that give me any less say in the matter?

7. DinoFlintstone

Are you pro-choice because you don't think the person inside is a human yet, or are you aware that the person inside is a human, but you still feel the Mother has the right to have him or her killed?

Maybe in general, a person that would wish their life away has as much say as anyone, but 'to me' if you have no regard for your own life, then who are you [in general] to advice on letting someone take another life?

8. PentaCube

The way I see it, is my parents kept me, if they hadn't I wouldn't have even known and therefore being pro-choice doesn't automatically mean I don't wish to continue to live.

9. EndWinterRomance

EndWinterRomance PREGGERS

there have been threads about this before and the problem always boils down to the fact that people think its black and white when in reality, abortion is very definitly a gray area.

i am pro choice in the instances of rape or ONCE if it was an accident and the family cannot raise for the child finacially.

i think if you are below the poverty line or close to it birth control should be mandatory. and even if i was a child of rape, i really honestly dont think of the fetus being a living thing because i count life as the moments and memories, breaths you take and people you touch. you cant do those things in the womb.

10. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

First off, if you want this to be a serious discussion perhaps you should throw it in the SD section. I like the different angle you're taking for this topic, and it's nice to just be able to focus on one aspect of abortion rather than the whole topic, so props on creativity.

Second: To go along with your question. I am a product of rape. Yes I'm happy my mother decided to keep me, but that doesn't mean that I think she didn't have the right to choose to abort me. Yeah it's weird to say, but I still think the mothers have a right to choose. And no it's not wishing your life away. Thats like saying being pro-gun is wishing your life away because guns kill things. It's flawed logic. Still an intersting idea. This would be an equally interesting philosophical or psychological discussion/study.