Abortion

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Kazmarov, Feb 2, 2007.

?

What do you think about abortion?

1. It should never be allowed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. It should only be allowed in cases of rape or incest

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Option 2 + life of mother

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Option 3 + socioeconomic reasons

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Option 4 + abortion on demand 1st trimester

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Option 5 + 2nd trimester

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. No restrictions.

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  8. No opinion.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. I oppose it but believe in the woman's choice.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Haven't had one of these in the past few months, let's bring it up again.

What are your opinions about abortion? Do you consider it ethical? Can/should it be considered a crime? Under what conditions should it be/not be allowed? Should the to-be father have any say? What do you think about abortion law in the U.S? In other countries?

Feel free to answer one or many of those. Please keep it civil.

2. ChrisLDuncan

ChrisLDuncan Guest

Let me put it to you this way, if there were something growing inside of me I would like to remove it...I don't think the government should have any say what a woman does with her reproductive system.

3. Mecha

Mecha Guest

You forgot the "Other" option.

I think it should be up to one month after birth, for any reason. Father only has say in the lifeform after that one month, not before. I dislike abortion, but it is something that needs to be protected.

~Mecha

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Like my choice says, I oppose it but I do believe in the woman's choice. I simply don't like the idea of allowing someone to kill their unborn child without restrictions. Having abortion without restrictions will cause people to see it as a birth control method. I'm not some moron that thinks it will increase tenfold, but I do believe there will be a general increase. I believe if you made a mistake, you need to take responsibility for it.

In cases of rape though, I can sympathize with the mother if she doesn't want the child.

5. Icyblackflame

Icyblackflame Registered Member

I never really know where I stand with this. I agree with Merc kinda...I think that someone should take responsibility for the choices that they make. I hate that they're allowed to kill it, but what can I do? It's not fair of me to only make an exception for rape and whatever victims. Everyone who gets an abortion decided that they didn't want the child, so...why only give the raped an exception?

I don't go with the, "woman should have a say with what goes on in her body" in this case. It's not about her body, but the baby's. I really don't think that she should have a choice, but maybe that's being too mean. I really can't decide because there are too many circumstances to account for.

I guess I'll just always be caught in-between pro-choice and anti-pro-choice...x_x
    -Icy

6. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Because the child was placed upon her unwillingly. Not to mention, some women wouldn't have the heart to raise a child who is related to the man that, chances are, crushed her mentally and physically. I wouldn't have the heart to raise the child of my enemy, it would break me.

Also, do you know what incest is? Don't Google it, you'll probably get some pretty weird shit, but wikipedia it.

But it is her body. Women do die during birth. It's a rarity these days with the great advances in medicine, but it does happen. Saying that childbirth isn't her body is kind of ignorant. It's both hers and the baby's.

7. vman

vman Guest

One argument for pro-choice is that when two people have sex they created a fetus not a baby (A.K.A.) a human. They create some type of distinction between the two. That's like being a kid in your mother's living room, picking up and letting go of an expensive glass that then of course shatters. And attempting to excuse yourself by saying "mom I didn't break the glass, I simply created a free falling body. The purpose of sex is procreation when sex fulfills its purpose it is not for someone to claim that that was not their intention when sperm touches egg its yours,except in cases of incest etc. etc. etc. P.S. for ICY it's pro-choice against pro-life.

8. Jet

Jet Guest

I believe in adoption. Unless it is the case of rape or incest. In those cases I feel that the Mother of the child would probably be more scared to conceive that baby, especially since it was not planned. But that's the only exception I would accept for abortion.

9. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Not anymore.

What about the innumerable cases of broken condoms or other failed valid birth control attempts? You can't punish people for being prudent and then freak occurences happening, the child could very well ruin them both financially.
    ===

I support abortion in all scenarios, save partial-birth. I think that abortion is a result of a social problem (related to crime, poor sex education) or medical necessities (some women simply can't give birth without dangerous by-products). I push for more complete sex education in schools and other measures to reduce the total number of abortions, but I believe the burden placed on the woman if they are unable to have an abortion is unjust.

10. Icyblackflame

Icyblackflame Registered Member

You took my response in wrongly. I said why only give her the option? As in, everyone should have a choice.

Actually, I'm typing this with difficulty. I don't necessarily believe that. But, I believe that you took that in the wrong way. My wording plays part in that, so sorry.

Don't need to. I already know what it is. That being said...point?

I never said that childbirth isn't her body. I wasn't talking about the birth of the child. I was talking about the child itself. The child is in her body. You're acting as if it is her body. They're two seperate things.
    -Icy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.