• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Abortion

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Are you pro-abortion or anti-abortion?

I'm pro. It's the females body, and she can do what she wants with it. Especially in that situation.

BJBirdy

Registered Member
I'm anti-abortion, however if there is rape involved, then I'm pro-abortion. But that's a very, very, very grey area when it comes to proving something like that.

I just feel you should have to live with the consequences of your actions for the most part (again, not in the case of rape, however).

Please don't judge me and yell at me :)

Misha Mayhem

Registered Member
There's no such thing as "pro-abortion." Sorry, that's a pet peeve of mine. Pro-abortion sounds like something that a sadist would believe in. And it sounds like that if a woman is pregnant, that she should get an abortion, the end. I know that sounds ridiculous, but so does the term "pro-abortion." There is "pro-life" and "pro-choice," the latter meaning that a woman has the right to choose whatever she pleases--having the kid and raising in, putting it up for adoption, having an abortion, etc. And I am pro-choice. I don't think I could ever have an abortion (good thing I never plan on getting pregnant), but I do not believe anyone has the right to tell any woman what she can or cannot do with her own body and reproductive system--especially not an old white guy. LOL.

willge87

Registered Member
You have two separate views on this topic--pro-life and pro-choice. The pro-life lobby accuses people who have abortions as baby killers and the pro-choice people accuse the pro-life lobby as sexist and anti-women. The thing is, at least in my opinion, both sides are incorrect in the labels that they place on the other. A pro-life individual isn't necessarily sexist or anti-women because there are plenty of women who are pro-life. They genuinely believe that the concept of an abortion is wrong. Pro-choice people hate the theory of an abortion as much as everyone else does, but to them that isn't the issue, it's about a women's right to choose. As long as both sides continue to misconstrue what the other is advocating for then this fight will go on forever.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
This may be unpopular but I'm pro-abortion aka pro-choice, I've felt that way for years and quite frankly that's about all I can say on the subject without dredging up some bad memories

BJBirdy

Registered Member
Misha Mayhem said:
There's no such thing as "pro-abortion." Sorry, that's a pet peeve of mine. Pro-abortion sounds like something that a sadist would believe in. And it sounds like that if a woman is pregnant, that she should get an abortion, the end. I know that sounds ridiculous, but so does the term "pro-abortion." There is "pro-life" and "pro-choice," the latter meaning that a woman has the right to choose whatever she pleases--having the kid and raising in, putting it up for adoption, having an abortion, etc. And I am pro-choice. I don't think I could ever have an abortion (good thing I never plan on getting pregnant), but I do not believe anyone has the right to tell any woman what she can or cannot do with her own body and reproductive system--especially not an old white guy. LOL.
Good point :lol: . What I meant to say was in that case I'm okay with the woman having an abortion.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
I'm kinda divided on the issue as I don't really think about it. Yes, it's your body and you have the right to do what you want with it but on the other hand, I'm not okay with killing a human life..no matter how undeveloped it is. It's kinda a cop out way of thinking but that's my two cents on the matter.

Misha Mayhem

Registered Member
BJBirdy said:
Misha Mayhem said:
Good point :lol: . What I meant to say was in that case I'm okay with the woman having an abortion.
OK cool. Again, sorry... pet peeve of mine. Had that same discussion with a friend last week. I wanted to hitchhike to Tennessee, and sock him, because he was being stubborn. LOL.