• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV Abbott and Costello

ATARIGUY

Beermister
Since we have a 3 Stooges thread on here and I love the 3 Stooges I also love Abbott and Costello so why not a thread about them too.

Audio Clips

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I used to watch Abbott and Costello every Sunday morning. "Who's on First" still makes me laugh after all these years and seeing it hundreds of times.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've only watched a few episodes, I quite enjoyed it actually. I think a lot of people know about "Who's on First" which is a classic. I actually have to watch the whole series. I might just end up buying the seasons since they don't show it often in my area, which is another reason why I haven't seen all the episodes yet.

Dabs

Registered Member
Sorry, but here I am, odd one out again. I loathe the Three Stooges and I loathe Abbott and Costello just as much. You couldn't pay me to watch them.

tearsofjade

Sorry, but here I am, odd one out again. I loathe the Three Stooges and I loathe Abbott and Costello just as much. You couldn't pay me to watch them.
All I can figure is that you must be one of today's children with no taste(think Lady Gaga, puke!), a 10 second attention span & a cell phone grafted to your ear. The truly GREAT comedians ARE people like Abbott & Costello, Laurel & Hardy, Buster Keaton, Charlie Chaplin, the 3 Stooges, etc. I see nothing funny from today's "comedians", & what IS good is usually lifted from the routines of the greats from the early part of the century that I've just listed. I'm so sorry that today's kids only have no-talents like Steve Harvey & other run of the mill, barely talented "comedians" to watch. And those guys who called themselves the "kings of comedy"? Hardly!
May reruns of our comedy greats, from the days of silent films to the classics of the Stooges, last forever.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Interesting note about those two acts: I watched Abbott and Costello's 1941film Buck Privates the other day, in which Shemp Howard has a cameo as a surly Army hash slinger. The notable thing about that is that Shemp would claim later that A&C stole much of their act by watching himself and his fellow Stooges from the wings of vaudeville theaters. That kind of plagiarism was an everyday thing in stage comedy, and still is - and if you listen closely to Costello, especially to his character in this film, you definitely can hear more than a little Shemp.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AmericanMusic Movies & TV 6